chapter nineteen

The sun was slowly going down when we stood in front of the stage later that night, waiting for Florence and The Machine to perform. We had pretty good seats (even though we were standing in an ocean of people) and everyone from our group was here. Niall was standing behind me, playing with the hem of my shirt, totally ignoring that I told him to stop several times. Becca and Kimmie were standing on my left side, Kayla and Louis on my right. The rest were either behind us or spread around somewhere close.

"There's one ride left I want to go to before we leave." Niall mumbled in my ear.

I tilted my head a little, meaning for him to continue.

"Tunnel of love." He grinned, placing a kiss on my shoulder.

"You're joking, right?"

"No, I've very serious. It's completely dark, so no one would judge you if you started to get all touchy."

I felt him wrapping his arms around my waist, gently digging his fingertips into my hips. Honestly it felt good, so I let him hold me like that.

The music that was playing suddenly stopped and the lights went out. A few screams were heard and then the band appeared on stage. I felt adrenaline rush through my body and the second I heard the beats to Ship To Wreck I jumped to see the stage more, feeling Niall almost losing his grip around my waist. Apparently I wasn't the only one from our group that liked the band, and Kayla noticed that too. She grabbed my hand, and we turned to each other and screamed the lyrics to one another. I felt Niall laughing against my body, kissing the top of my head. His gesture didn't bother me; I was just enjoying the live music.

A couple of songs went by, and when they started singing Never Let Me Go Niall pulled me closer to him and I rested my head against his shoulder. I was starting to get tired from the dancing anyway.

"My suggestion is still up." He mumbled, hugging me tighter.

"You mean the Tunnel of love thing?" I asked, lightly laughing.

"Are you making fun of me?" He asked, suddenly letting go of me.

I turned around to face him, tugging at the hem of his shirt like a little child.

"No. We can sneak off to the tunnel soon."

He tried to stay mad by giving me the silent treatment and crossing his arms over his chest. I grinned, getting up on my tiptoes a bit before wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You know, it will be very hard for me to kiss you when you have your arms like that."

I caught his attention, quickly pecking his lips to tease him. Eventually he placed his hands on my hips, pulling me closer so we could kiss properly.

His tongue moved smoothly against mine, and I could feel people staring at us right now, but that was frankly my last concern right now.

Fuck, I think I'm falling for him

After I pulled away I felt him pressing his forehead against mine, looking down at the ground.

"Never let me go, never let me go." I whispered, along with the singer on stage.

I saw his lips twitching as he tried to stop a smile from appearing, and we kissed again.

In the middle of their song Dog Days Are Over he suddenly grabbed my hand, pushing himself through the crowd around us with me stumbling behind.

I felt like a giddy younger teenager who was out after curfew, breaking rules and feeling free. The song from the stage just filled my body with even more adrenaline and fit perfectly for our little runaway.