chapter thirteen

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!

-------------------------------------------------

Monday morning and I was on my way to my first class of the day. It was my literature class with Harry and Charlie and it felt like I haven't seen Charlie in ages. I mean we were only away for the weekend but it felt like college never started and we were still on summer break. But now I was outside my classroom, waiting for my friends to arrive.

After looking down at my phone for like five minutes, I heard familiar laughter. Liam, Zayn, Niall and Harry appeared in the hallway, joking around. I made eye contact with Niall for a split second before I looked away.

Let's see if Harry comes over

But instead, Liam made his way towards me.

"You lonely?" He asked, almost sounding polite.

I glanced over to Harry, but he didn't even bother to look at me.

"Mostly tired." I responded, looking up at Liam.

"Yeah, you fell asleep in the car yesterday. Jennifer thought you were dead when you didn't woke up."

"Lucky me I had Niall."

In the corner of my eye I saw the blonde haired boy lift his head up. I locked eyes with him for a moment and a grin appeared on his lips.

"I would have carried you myself, but Mike was asleep on my shoulder so I was basically stuck in the backseat."

"Hey, Payno. Isn't it a little bit early to be flirting?" Niall suddenly called out, making both of us turn towards him.

"Like that ever stopped you." Liam laughed and walked over to his friends.

Once again Niall caught my eye. He winked along with a smile before looking away.

Charlie headed my way with quick steps. He had his books pressed against his chest and a tired look on his face.

"Overslept?" I asked once he stopped in front of me.

He nodded, glancing at Harry who was still laughing and talking with his frat buddies.

"Fun weekend I assume." Charlie muttered. "Harry didn't text me once."

"He's a frat boy now. What did you expect?"

Sad but true

Eventually our teacher arrived and unlocked the door. Charlie and I went inside, not even waiting for Harry to join us. We took our regular seats on the second row and I was actually surprised when Harry decided to sit down next to me.

"We didn't have homework over the weekend, did we?" He mumbled to me, searching for something in his pocket.

"Since when do you lose track about assignments?" I frowned.

He shot me a smirk and pulled out his headphones from his pocket.

"Not everyone can be as good as you, Sam."

"Are you seriously going to listen to music now? Mr Bennett will kill you."

"The worst thing he could possibly do, is take my phone. Besides I'll only use one." He said and pressed one of the earbuds into his left ear. "See? I can still hear his boring voice."

I rolled my eyes and decided to just let it go. If Harry wants to be a jerk then so be it.

"So you hooked up with Niall despite everything you've said about him?"