chapter five

Of course I had to obey him since he actually beat me at the shot contest. So I followed him around all night, sat next to him as soon as he sat down somewhere, participated in every drinking game he could come up with. And when I finally saw my friends, he wouldn't let me go talk to them because he wanted me to himself. But the looks they gave me showed that they weren't upset about it. More like the other way around.

"I want to show you something." He suddenly mumbled in my ear, when we sat in the living room with a couple of his friends.

He stood up from the couch and I quickly followed him upstairs. I got the feeling he was guiding me towards his bedroom, and I was indeed correct.

He opened one of the doors on the second floor, and closed it behind us. The room was dark but I could see three different beds in here. Niall didn't bother to turn on the lights and just headed over to the window. I watched him open it and saw a part of the roof right outside.

"Are you insane?" I hissed and walked over to him.

"Why are you whispering?" He chuckled. "There's no one here. Come on, let's climb up on the roof."

"Again, are you insane?"

"It's totally safe. I come up here all the time."

"Even though I'd love to put my life in danger, my dress is way too tight for climbing."

"Then take it off." He grinned before he clambered out.

I heard his feet move against the roof tiles and he looked rather certain in what he was doing. He grabbed onto a ladder a few feet away and started to climb up.

"Niall, get back here!"

"There's a ladder here for a reason. Stop being such a wuss and get out here already."

I bit my bottom lip and squeezed my hands around the window frame. This is ridiculous. He wants me to climb up on the roof with alcohol in my system.

Then I heard him sigh and he climbed down a bit, leaning backwards so he could see me by the window.

"You're not really going to make me come get you, are you? I thought we had a deal."

"The deal was to be around you for the rest of the night, not to get myself killed."

"And I'll be up on the roof, so you better get your ass out here. You have to do as I say."

Becca told me to not obey him too easily

So I crossed my arms and stared back at him.

"No."

I saw him raising his eyebrows. Apparently he did not expect that answer.

"Are you talking back at me?"

Becca also said he like when girls talk back at him

"I agreed to stay with you for the rest of the night, but I never agreed to do anything as stupid as walk around on the roof in the middle of the night."

Then he smirked and climbed down from the ladder. He smoothly made his way back to the window and leaned down to me.

"Do you trust me?"

"No." I told him, still standing my ground with my arms crossed.

"And you don't want to be on the roof with me?"

"No."

"Can you say anything else than 'no'?"

I stayed quiet. Then he held out his hand to me, but I refused to grab it. So instead he gripped onto my arms and literally pulled me out the window. I felt the roof tiles under my feet and quickly wrapped both of my arms around him.