5. The Newly-Wed

Chapter 5: The Newly-Wed

Kimhan Burnaphan

Pie Mindara Manaying, a twenty-five year old teacher who happened to be my wife was absolutely a witch beguiled in a Goddess form. I admitted it myself that she was beyond gorgeous – her beauty was everything that any guys would die for yet her attitude ruined almost all good impression I had about her at the first glance. It's true that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover and I have learned it from my experience. Good outlook doesn't necessarily behold a beautiful content. The same thing went for my legally wedded wife. She's beautiful but that didn't necessarily make her a nice person. She was rude, stubborn and I despised everything about her afterward. How was it even possible I end up helping a woman like her? She was ungrateful.

I was much aware that she didn't know that I was going to be her 'bridegroom'. She wished for a temporary husband not a wife. As much as I hated to say that I was also selfish in our arrangement, I couldn't deny the fact that I was doing this for my very own importance too. If Pie wanted to evade the contract for rural teaching, I was doing this for the heart of my life. Pie had no idea about it and it was all because of her complete trust to P'Boy. She didn't read the contract and I could say that she didn't care about it at all. That was her mistake.

Put the contract aside. There was another thing which bothered me too much. Pie hated me for no concrete reason. I didn't do anything to her yet she held so much hatred in her soul. It was only day one and she has jumped into her conclusion way too early. Our first day didn't go as good as what I was anticipating. It was worse. We had terrible fight and again, I admitted that I was partially wrong in the case. I went too far across the line when I dared her to file the divorce. I shouldn't have said that. I made myself look bad in front of her and also her family. Grandpa; I knew he was disappointed with me and that was the major reason I'd accepted the offer from him. He told me that we needed our private space and time to get along with or in other word, bonding. Due to the reason that I owed a lot to this family, I had no choice but to oblige.

Now that we were moving to our own place, which by any luck was a gift from Pie's Grandpa, she has already showed me her true colour when the elder was not around. For the past forty five minutes, she has been directing me to do this and that while she didn't do anything – so like a boss. We needed to unpack the stuffs and know what? Almost all of them were her belongings. I had no energy to argue over the matter with her. I knew I wouldn't have the chance to win.

"I still can't believe that we are moving in together," Pie complained, leaning her back against the wall while crossing her arms across her chest as she supervised me while I lifted up the box of her stuff. She eyed me from time to time as if I were about to break anything inside it. I wondered what she took here. They were too much to fit in this terrace house.

"It would be good if you stop complaining and help me," I sighed. Listening to her made me even exhausted. Pie might have not known it, but Grandpa and I have been discussing about this moving out earlier. It was no surprise to me when he mentioned about the house. I have known it before hand. It wasn't the same for Pie. She surely disagreed about the idea. She hated me, I could tell. I wished she knew that I dislike her too; Witch!

"No," She crossed her arms, looking a bit bossy with that kind of attitude. "Didn't I tell you that you're going to go through a hell life?" She raised a brow, one side of her lips curled up into a smirk. I studied her whole figure quickly. Pie looked so neat in her pink blouse and black slack pants. The aura of her professionalism shone bright through her posture. She was no doubt a high class woman.

"Ah, sure," I nodded at her, "How can I forgot the fact that you come from the hell? Thank you so much for sharing your experiences there with me," I wouldn't give up just like that. She wanted to play it harsh? I didn't hesitate to return the same too.