13. Colleagues

Chapter 13: Colleagues

Pie Mindara Manaying

I woke up to a completely bizarre place for what it looked was a nightmare I wished it would not happen. The four walls enclosed a small space suffocated me and the dull look of the grey ceiling struck every sense in me; Pie Mindara Manaying has already here, stuck in the worst place ever.

I searched for my phone, roaming my hand here and there around the bed before I sensed the cold metal case of it touched my skin. The technology that I could use to reach people miles away from me had now become a useless object – limited telecommunication line with worst coverage area forbid every connection from the outside world. Was it that bad? I could not tell it, just not yet. The clock on the screen showed that it was almost afternoon, meaning that I had fallen asleep for a freaking hour or two.

The house was still empty by the time I walked out from my room. My other housemates were not here yet. They were probably enjoying every hour spent out of this place to the most. No one would like to be stuck here though. What else can we do here?

I was about to have my leisure time, touring around this small house before my eyes caught a familiar figure outside the house. There she was, lost in her dreamland in the truck with one of her hands hanging lifelessly out of the window frame. I could not be mad. No, I shouldn't but I could do a thing to get under her skin.

*******

Kimhan was still asleep, static and undisturbed when I reached her side. "Kimhan wake up!" I emptied the content of a water bottle right onto her face. The water rushed down like a water fall, drenching every inch of dry surface of her attire.

Startled as what I expected her to be, Kimhan was awakened from her sleep in a snap and panted heavily as she tried to catch her breath.

It was seconds later that she finally regaining her consciousness. "What the hell is this?" She was fuming, at the same time trying to get hold of what was happening to her. Just when she saw me, she started to speak again, "You daughter of..." I cut her with a hit on her head before she managed to further her words. Kimhan's jaw dropped in her utmost disbelief. Her eyes flared up with suppressed irritation.

"No cursing is allowed here. It's a school area," I said it short. Kimhan mouthed the word 'BITCH' to me and grunted softly as she examined her drenched clothes.

"Can't you be nice sometimes?" She complained.

"Please define 'NICE' for me, Ms. Plot Twister!" I was not expecting the expression she gave me. She frowned mixed with confusion drawn all over her face upon hearing me.

"Plot twister?" She asked and suddenly getting her way out of the truck without considering me who was standing so close to the door. The door frame slammed over my body that I stumbled backward forcefully. "What do you mean by that?" She asked, closing her distance between her and me.

"I'm not going to talk to you. I told you to go back and you should have gone from here like hours ago and now look, you're still here annoying as ever!" I told her. Kimhan laughed at me instead of felt offended by that order.

"I was just taking a nap," She scoffed.

"Right, now you can move because you had enough nap!" I thrust the empty bottle to her. Kimhan's lips pressed into one hard line, suppressing whatever the wrath she had in her. Looked who had just successfully driven someone up the wall and there staring into each other's eyes game with so much hatred began. Kimhan gazed at me as if she was about to swallow me whole. She was mad, irritated and annoyed.