Glenn // The Gate // The Walking Dead

Glenn

Your pov:

The heat from the sun burned down on us, everyone carried water as the sweat ran down their foreheads. I walked down the street in search for rick whom I had to talk to before I had to leave for a run with Glenn. His adorable face stuck on my mind as I walked around Alexandra, I've always had a crush on Glenn but it's gotten bigger than ever and I don't know why.

The search for Rick was cut short as I noticed hin talking to Glenn near the gate. I walked up to the both of them with a smile on my face. The end of their conversation was all I heard from rick "good luck." The only words that where heard from him

"Hey rick, you wanted to talk to me?" I asked as glenn's face turned a bright red colour, his eyes opened wide and he gulped.

"You- you didn't hear that conversation did you?" He stuttered still bright faced

"All I heard was rick telling you good luck, guess he doesn't want to loose you" I said while chuckling at the end.

"Oh thank god" he breathed out

" why, is there something wrong" I asked as If there was something he didn't want me to know.

"No, no its just-" he started but then rick cut him off

"we where talking about glenn's crush on Maggie" he rushed out. The words he said stuck in my head as I looked down and I could feel my heart shatter into millions of peaces.

"Oh" was all I could say, my head was filled with words but my body couldn't dare let them out not known what I would've said.

Glenn's face soffened more than it was already and opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He took a deep breath "I don't have a crush in Maggie, Rick just said that because he's trying to cover the fact that I don't really and I actually can't like her because - eh - how to I explain this?" He looked at the ground and brushed his hand through his hair

The hurt in my face still stood out as when he looked up he panicked before he said "what I'm trying to say is - eh - I like you (y/n). A lot actually and i didn't know how to tell you so I tried to keep it a secret for as long as I could, but all the emotions bottled up inside me just came out and I was going to ask you if you'd like to be my girlfriend on the run"

I looked up slowly as if I had misheard him, but small smile playing on his lips said otherwise. "Glenn, I've always wanted to be your girlfriend... ever since I've met you."