Carl // please wake up

Carl

Your pov:
"Y/n, I'm really bored. Wanna come on a walk with me?" Carl whines, leaning against the door frame. Carl and yourself are best friends, going through the apocalypse together. You slowly place down your comic, giving him the look of 'do I have to?', but he insists.

"Where are you two going?" Rick stops the two of you in your tracks, placing a firm hand on both shoulders.

"On a walk, it's so boring in there! Don't worry Dad, we'll be safe." Carl says, fiddling with his gun. Once given the all clear from Rick, you and your best friend set off, exploring this new world.

"So, anything new happening in your life?" Carl asks, that signature cheeky smirk growing on his lips. He casually drags his feet along the dusty path, hands resting in his pockets. You laugh and shake your head,

"What do you think, Grimes?" He shrugs.

A few seconds of comfortable silence washes over you both, listening to the birds and your shoes scraping against the gravel. You enter a small village, crashed cars and smashed windows everywhere.

"Wait-" He puts out a hand, stopping you, "I think I can hear walkers"

"What?" You ask, even though you heard him right. As if on cue, a small herd, about six, revolting walkers emerge from around the corner shop, groaning and gnashing their rotting jaws.

"Carl!" You squeal, attaching yourself on to his plaid shirt. He takes out his gun, not saying a word. Without hesitation, he pulls the trigger.

Come on, you think, you've prepared yourself for this. You quickly grab your pistol from your leather belt, taking a few steps back as they approach you. You shoot, killing about two whilst Carl gets three. The remaining walker continues to hurl itself towards you, attempting to grasp your shirt. Unable to walk any further, you bash your head against a metal lamppost, falling unconscious.

"Y/n!" You vaguely hear, after a gunshot. Everything is black, tuning in and out of Carl's words.

"Come on, y/n! Wake up, please!" Carl cries, shaking your hot shoulders. His big hands trace your cheek, as he mops the blood from your head.

"Please, you have to wake up. Don't you dare die on me! I love you, okay? You are my everything, just please don't leave me now..." The blood continues to gush out of your wound, the life draining out of you.

Carl clutches on to you tightly, sobbing, "Okay, I know you can't hear me but I think you're beautiful. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, and if you leave now I don't know what I'll do. Everyday, you improve my life just a little bit, and I love you for that. I love the way you act around Judith, the way that you lighten every soul whenever you enter a room, the way that you never fail to make me laugh. I love you, y/n, and if you die, I die too..."

"I love you too, Grimes..." You whisper, gently opening your eyes to his beautiful face.

"Y/n!" He shouts relieved, suffocating you in a hug. You wince, beginning to cry with the shooting pain throughout your head.

"Come on, lets get you back" Carl says, lifting you up.

"Carl.. was all of that true?" You shyly ask, trucking your hair behind your ear.

He blushes, "Yeah, very true..." The very first awkward moment between the two of you occurs as he takes a step closer. He gently places a hand on your back, pulling you into him. You hesitate before lightly attaching your lips his, butterflies dancing in your stomach at this new feeling.

"I love you, y/n" He whispers, holding you tightly.