Daryl- Truth or Dare

daryl

This story was made by an AMAZING writer @fluffdrabble on tumblr. Do me a BIG favour and follow her. She is so cool

Your pov:
"You will not go to him, young lady, I will not allow that." Rick was strutting up and down looking just as concerned as he sounded angry.

"But, you trust him, don't you!? And you're just as fond of him, I can see that."

"You are not going to ask him out. Period." Rick flung around and looked at me. "You're my daughter, it's my duty to protect you." His eyes were soft again when he walked over and sat next to me on the bed.

"And you're doing a great job, dad. But this is not about me needing protection. I'm not a baby anymore, I'll make my own decisions. C'mon, dad, what's the worst thing that could happen?! It's not about life and death."

"I know, but to me...you'll always be my child. What if he breaks your heart?", Rick said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Then so be it. Dad, I'm handling flesh eating, walking corpses every day, I think I can handle a potential broken heart." I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his waist. Rick gladly pulled me into a heartfelt embrace. He breathed a light kiss on my hair.

"You really are my daughter after all, aren't you!?" The smile was back on his face. "Whatever happens, I'll be here."

"I know, Dad. Thank you." I gave him another hug before I stood up and left the cell. I never planned for him to know about my crush, but now that we talked it through, I felt better. Even more determined to just go for it and ask him out.

"Hey!" I suddenly felt a light touch on my shoulder and flung around to find Beth standing behind me.

"Are you coming tonight, too?", she asked.

"Coming to what?", I replied.

"We're having a little pajama party over at cell block B, you should come too."

"Aren't we a little too old for that kind of stuff?" I looked her up and down.

"Oh come on, we're not too old to have fun. You can always leave if you're not having fun though."

"Well, okay, whatever, I'm coming too. Won't hurt anybody to at least try to have fun, right?!" I smiled and received a big grin from her.

"See you tonight then!" Beth waved goodbye and was off to her room again.

Later that night I was heading towards cell block B to join the party. There were more people around than I had expected, but I wasn't too close to any of them.

"Over here!" Beth was gesturing me to come and sit next to her. "We're playing truth or dare, are you in?"

"Well, yeah, why not." I shrugged and sat next to her. A kid I had never seen before spun the bottle and we were all waiting anxiously for it to stop. When it finally came to point at someone, I was surprised to find that the chosen person was me.

"Truth or dare?" Everyone's eyes were on me.

"Dare", I murmured, not sure what answer would get me the least trouble.

"Confess to Daryl!" Beth blurted out next to me with a sneaky grin on her face.

"What!?" My eyes grew wide. How did she know?!

"Well, you chose 'dare', so do it", she said.

"Yeah, I did. But isn't that a little too personal for a game?!" I was shocked by her even suggesting something like that.

"Maybe, but you've been circling him forever. Just do it now, get it over with." She started cheering, chanting my name, and soon everyone had joined in. I went over the possibilities in my head. In the end, doing it now was as good as any time. It wouldn't be any easier if I waited another week or month.

"Okay", I sighed, "But you'll stay here, I need to do this on my own. You'll see the result anyway, no need to eavesdrop." I glared at everyone to lend weight to my words before getting up.

My knees were shaking as I was walking down the corridors to look for Daryl. I finally found him outside repairing parts of his bike.

"Daryl", I whispered. My knees felt as if they were about to collapse under me. My heart was racing and I felt like the words wouldn't pass my lips no matter how hard I tried.

"Yeah?" Daryl stood up. Cleaning his hands with a pretty dirty looking piece of cloth he looked me up and down.

"I..." I had to clear my throat. "I got a question." My voice was shaking just as much as my knees. I was sure he could hear it.

"Ask right away", he mumbled a curious look on his face.

"Would you... would you go out with me?", I blurted in an attempt to get it out as quick as possible before I lost all courage.

"Do what!?", Daryl looked at me startled.

I swallowed hard. "I like you, I want to spend time with you."

"You're out of your goddamn mind! I ain't got no time for that, girl. Go back in, play with your dolls." He turned around and focused on his bike again. But I was not willing to let him off that easily.

"Why is everyone still seeing me as a child!? I'm not, Daryl, and I'm not out of my mind. It's okay if you don't want to spend time with me, but don't pretend it's because I'm too you. I'm still young, yes, but not too young to make my own decisions. I'm an adult, I want to be treated like one." I glared at him.

"That's what this is? You're just teaching your father a lesson, right. Hook up with the dirty redneck, tryin' to shock him." He spit out the words, but at least I got his attention.

"It's not. C'mon, Daryl, stop pushing everyone away who tries to get just a little bit closer to you. It's not about my dad or teaching anyone a lesson here. It's really just me wanting to spend time with you."

Daryl was stepping from one foot to another obviously not sure how to react. He finally sighed and his eyes were gentle when he looked at me.

"That's all? Just you and me spending time with each other?"

"Yeah, just that. No pressure, no ulterior motives, I promise. We hang out and see what happens." I smiled at him, confident in myself.

"Damn, girl, you're really stubborn."

"Well, I'm my father's daughter after all", I grinned.

"Fine", Daryl sighed. "If that really is what you want...."

"It is", I mumbled taking a few steps forward to close the distance between us.

"It really is", I repeated as I rose to my tiptoes and breathed a light kiss on his cheek. I couldn't hold back my smile as I saw Daryl blush. But much to my pleasure and surprise he didn't back away from me.