Daryl // you're cute

Daryl

this was made by an amazing writer called fluffdrabble on tumblr. so go and follow her now if you all ready haven't

your pov:

"C'mon now, Daryl, it ain't that dangerous", I pleaded walking behind him. I had been following him the whole day trying to convince him that it would indeed be a good idea to take me on a run with him. I always got his back but somehow that wasn't a good enough reason for him to just give in and say yes.

"No!", came the expected answer. The same answer he had given me the last ten times I asked.

"Why not?" I began to feel like a little child begging for sweets when in reality I only wanted to spend time alone with him and there was no reasonable way to do that at home. At least not a reason where I could keep avoiding telling him the truth.

"Told ya before, it's dangerous. I ain't putting ya in danger if I can avoid it."

"C'mon, Daryl. It's cute that you think that way, but you could still take me with you. I know you're sweet, cute, considerate. You don't really have to prove that anymore", I purred.

"Stop sayin' that, will ya?!" He looked me up and down. "I ain't cute or any of that shit."

"Well, yes, Sir, you are, even though you don't wanna hear it." Maybe I was taking it too far but that was something to worry about later. Maybe he would give in just because he wanted me to shut the hell up. It was worth the try. And I wasn't lying. He really was all that even though he didn't want to hear it.

"How would you like it if I called you 'cute' all day!?", he gnarled squinting his eyes.

"Well, I guess I would actually like it, feel flattered, you know, the whole thing!?"

I only got an angry glare in response. Replying with sarcasm and the like wasn't the best way to talk back to Daryl and I knew that, even though I still couldn't hold my tongue.

After another minute of silent glares he finally sighed deeply. "Ya wanna tag along?! Fine..." He took a step forward, brought himself closer to me as he gnarled: "No whining, no unnecessary risks. And don't you dare make me run. You copy!?"

"Loud and clear", I answered not breaking eye contact with him. I wanted him to know that I wouldn't run away or do as much as flinch at his try at being intimidating. That ship had sailed a long time ago. Maybe I would have been impressed before I got to know him though. I had to force down the smile as I followed him outside.

"We'll take the car", he announced and I was almost disappointed. I liked his bike, liked the fact that I had to be so close to him without having to admit that it was exactly what I wanted all the time. I almost sighed at the thought that I would probably never get any closer to him. He was the typical lone wolf, a very friendly and of course cute one, but still, he rather spent time on his own and as far as I knew he was happy that way.

We both got into the car and out of Alexandria without saying another word. We drove in silence until the image of our home in the back windows had been long gone.

"Anything specific we're trying to get?" I asked looking at Daryl.

"Not really. The usual, ya know. Food, water, seeds.. stuff like that."

"mmhmm... I've seen a flower shop about an hour down the road."

"I was talkin' 'bout crops, not flowers", Daryl grunted back.

"I ain't stupid, I know you've been talking about crops. But maybe they were selling crops as well?! It looked like a really big one, might be worth the try."