Daryl/carl- Big Brother Dixon (2)

Part 2

Carl/Daryl

Your pov:
You gazed out the windshield to see Daryl slowly coming to a stop in front of a small neighborhood. He dropped his kickstand and Rick turned the car off, getting out of the car to speak with the redneck.

After a few moments of head shaking and point to certain houses, Rick finally waved at everyone to get out

"So, what's the plan?" Michonne was the first to ask

"Those three houses first... They're isolated enough from the others to split up into separate teams. Then we make our way around the cul-de-sac in a group." Rick spoke with authority while watching the few straggling walkers along the houses.

"Sounds good to me" Michonne answered while Daryl grunted in agreement.

"Alright. Michonne with Carl, Y/N with Daryl, and I'll take the last one. We meet back here in 10 minutes," Rick ordered

You glanced back at Daryl and squinted your eyes in ridicule. You knew he made Rick group you with him; there was no doubt about it.

You watched as Michonne and Rick went to grab a few more things from the back of the car, small talk of techniques and safety being traded.

Carl placed a hand around your waist to grab your attention with a smile. You returned it and noticed Daryl standing up from his motorcycle while glaring at Carl.

"Be safe." You muttered and pulled him in a tight hug

"You too" He mumbled into your hair then pulled away; his touch still lingering on your shoulders

"Let's go Y/N" Daryl snapped and pulled at your arm to get you to move, his eyes never leaving Carl

You scoffed at Daryl and pulled your bag up you shoulders. You shoved him to remove his grasp and pushed to walk ahead of him.

He did this on purpose... He made sure Rick paired the two of you up just so you couldn't go with Carl. Sure you maybe had a tiny, itty-bitty... maybe HUGE crush on Carl, and Daryl was getting in the way of your attempt to be with him.

"Hey" Daryl called out when you two were out of hearing distance from the others, but you didn't slow down. "HEY!"

Your hot headedness kept you moving to the house you were assigned to. Frigging Daryl... Thinks he can order you around because he's older than you..

I'll show him

"Y/N!" you heard footsteps quicken from behind. Once again your feet never slowed and continued to the front porch. The steps were worn out and peeling; desperately in need of a new paint job.

You kicked through the rotting wood of a door and pulled your machete from it sheath; in doing so, a walker came from around the corner and surprised you

Your mind was blurred with thoughts of the asshole of a redneck and Carl that you didn't seem to notice the two walkers in the house's window,

You were knocked off your feet and fell to your back, losing your melee weapon in the process. The walker came tumbling down, trying his best to sink his grotesque teeth into your skin.

You did your best to push his chin upwards to prevent him from biting. The machete was just out of reach. You knew you could handle this situation, as it wasn't the first time, you were so close to your weapon

Just... a few... more.. inches...

Just then, the snap and whiz of Daryl's crossbow went off. The walkers weight laid on top of you while another came from around the corner from the noise.