Let's try this again

The next day I got to school earlier than usual to talk to the principal. We had a lovely chat about school, my rep, we laughed we cried oh and did I mention the guys a complete asshat. Seriously I haven't even done anything yet and he's already on my case, talk about dramatic. Any way after we finished talking I headed to the library to do my homework which I completely blew off last night so I wouldn't get in trouble with Mr. Willoughby not mention principle cranky leprechaun.
When I entered the library I was shocked to find it was completely empty which was strange because over achievers like Mason are usually here studying. But there was one person here, there was a small brunette girl sitting at a table in the far corner with her head shoved down and she furiously writing something down in a notebook. I was about to take a seat at a table a few feet away from hers but the I noticed a familiar pair a big blue glaring eyes, and yep you guessed it, it was milk carton girl-the bitch- but as much as I didn't particularly like her my curiosity was stronger than my hate, so I strode over to her table and plopped down on the seat across from hers shooting her attention away from her writing, to me.
"What-" I raised my hand to cut her off, I wasn't looking for a fight.
"Before you say anything I just want say-" before I said what I wanted to I got distracted by the notebook she was writing on earlier, but it wasn't a notebook it was a sketchbook and she wasn't writing she was drawing. I reached over and grabbed the sketchbook to examine her work. It looked like a little boy who was sitting on the edge of a cliff cross legged and was looking up at the sky and pointing at some birds, and it was pretty good.
"What are you drawing?" I asked.
"None of your business, now leave me alone." She then jumped forward and snatched her sketchbook out my hands.
"Touchy I was only looking." I said.
"Well it's none of your business." She repeated.
"What is it a crime if I look." I kept nagging.
"No but if you want to get your head bashed I suggest you don't." She snapped.
"Sshhh, quiet." The librarian told us. We both nodded in reply.
"Listen I don't want to fight." I said quietly.
"Really." She said sarcastically.
"Hey listen I just wanted to apologize about the other day." After I said that she laughed a little. "I'm not joking." I refuted.
"I know but what if I don't want to except your apology". I sighed in frustration.
"Listen,"
"Shhh." The librarian said again, but I just ignored it.
"Listen you don't have to except it but could we at least start over, hi I'm Daniel." I said holding my hand out in front of her, but instead of taking it she just stared and laughed. So I put my hand down.
"Aren't you going to tell me your name." I asked.
"And why should I." She scoffed.
"Listen I'm trying to be nice but your not making this easy." She laughed at this. I sighed and held my head in my hands.
"Mykie." My head shot up.
"What did you say?" I asked stupidly.
"My-name-is-Mykie." She said pronouncing every syllable as if I couldn't understand.
"Cool." I said smiling.
"Why are you trying so hard?" She asked.
"Huh?"
"Why are you trying so hard to be nice, no offense but you don't strike me as the nice guy type."
"And what type do I strike you as?" I smirked.
"The jackass type." I frowned.
"What did you expect me to say the sexy bad boy type." She asked noticing my frown.
"I was hoping." I pouted
"Well don't get your hopes that's how you get hurt... Anyway you didn't answer my question."
"Huh?"
"Why are you trying so hard?" She asked again.
"Well... I guess it's probably because you seemed upset so I thought I should apologize." She raised a brow in disbelief. "Ok it's because my friend made me and I've never been rejected before."
"That's better." She smirked.
"Ok you two out now!" The librarian called out to us pointing to the door. Me and Mykie both looked up in surprise.
"Now!" She said again. So we both packed up our things and headed out and once we got outside the bell rang so we  decided to head to class together, great a another day of suffering a whole hour of history, and worst of all I didn't even get my homework done.