At Least I'm Trying

"Daniel slow down!" Mykie called out about ten feet behind. I stopped for a second so she could catch up, when she did I took hold of her hand and began to run again.
"Wait Daniel what are we doing?" She asked out of breath.
"You'll see." I laughed.
We kept on running until we reached an old baseball field or sandlot whatever you want to call it.
"Ok we're here." I said as we stopped.
"Ok, well what is this place?" She asked confused.
"It's a sandlot." I said.
"Ok I see that I mean why did you choose here?" She asked.
I let out a small laugh before answering. "My dad and me would always come here when I was little." I explain.
"Oh." She said plainly.
"Here give me a minute."
I left her standing there as I looked around the lot for awhile until I found an old abandoned baseball and mitt. I ran back over to her and handed her the ball.
"Here." I said.
"What do you want me to do with it?" She asked and I just laughed.
"Just go stand over their in the middle of the lot on the pitchers base." I instructed her and she did as told.
"Ok here we go." I then ran over to first base. "Ok here throw the ball to me." I said.
"I don't even know how to a baseball." She said.
"Oh come really I expected you to have at least played soft ball once." I teased.
"Uh why?" She asked.
"Your kind of tomboy so.." I trailed off.
"So I'm supposed be an expert in sports." She placed her hands on her hips and cocked an eyebrow.
"Yes, come on throw it." She sighed in defeat and got ready to throw it and I put the mitt on, but when she did throw it it went five feet to the left of me.
"What was that?!" I teased.
"Oh shut up." She snapped I then grabbed the ball and ran it back up to her then back to my spot.
"Ok try again." I said.
She threw it again but this time it went to the right. I flew my head back and exaggerated a sigh.
"God you suck!" I teased her.
"Hey at least I'm trying." She defended.
"Yes you are but here." I handed her back the ball and stood behind her I then placed my hand on top of the hand she was holding the ball in and moved closer.
"Here." I placed my free hand on her hip and shifted her body so she was turned more to the side.
"Ok now pull your arm back all the way also shift your body wait back." I tightened my hold on her hip and pushed her back into me.
"I swear Daniel you try anything." She snapped.
"Why would I do that I'm trying to help you." I whispered into her eye. "Now next your gonna throw and shift you body wait back to the front." I placed her arm into a throwing position then I let go of her arm and walk back to where I was standing before.
"Ok now try and remember aim." She nodded and fixed her positioning and held her back then out of no where the ball went flying and guess what I cought it this time.
"Awesome!" I exclaimed.
"Yes I'm not a failure!" She exclaimed and I laughed.
"Well good for you it only took you forever." I teased.
"Hey shut up, at least I tried." She said as she made her way up to me.
"Ya good job you tried and the last one was good." She smiled proudly. "Ya but you still suck." Her smile turned into a scowl.
"Hey!" She exclaimed and hit me.
"Hey at least I don't lie." I teased.
"Shut up!" She hit me again.
"Hey stop hitting me!" I told her.
"No." She kept hitting me.
"Oh you wanna play like that." I then in one quick movement had her thrown over my shoulder and she began to thrash and kick.
"Hey! Let me down!" She commanded.
"No." I said and she began to kick more and I looked up and laughed.
"What." She snapped.
"Nothing its just you have a cute butt." I teased.
"Hey you perv don't look at my but!" She exclaimed.
"It's kind of hard not to I mean it's right in my face." I said.
"Well then let me down."
"No."
"Come on please let me down." She begged.
"No." I said.
"Why not!" She whined.
"I won't let you down... Until you say you love me." I explained.
"What no let me down." She said annoyed.
"Say you love me." I said.
"Fine, I love you." She sighed in defeat.
I carefully let her down and was greeted by her ever so familiar glare. I took her face in my hands making her face squish up.
"Don't look at me like that." I said.
"Oh shut up." She said.
I laughed. "That's my girl." I placed my arm around her shoulders.
"Who says I'm your girl." She snapped.
"You know you love me." I said.
"Mhm sure." I laughed and kissed the top of her head.
"Come on." I said and we began to walk back home.

****

I quickly dropped Mykie off at her house then I went home. Once I got home I was greeted by my mom and I gave her a quick hug before I went upstairs to work on the essay for Mykie and I's project which I might add is due tomorrow, man I really need to get my ass in gear.
It was around 12:30 when I finally finished I swear to god I hate school. I quickly printed my paper then put my computer. I then took of my shirt and changed into a pair of sweatpants and climbed into bed. It didn't take long until I was falling fast asleep.

------
Hey guys I don't know how I feel about this chapter I'm sorry for all the dialect I just didn't really know what to right.
Anyway sorry if it's not that good.