Your Not Half Bad

Once we got to my house my mom went straight to the kitchen to make us some snacks while me and Mykie headed up stairs.
"Keep the door open!" My mom called.
"Alright mom!" I called backed.
When we entered my room we were greeted by mountain of dirty clothes in the corner and my unmade bed.
"Classy." Mykie said dully.
"Shut up." I spat.
Mykie walked over to my bed and took a seat and pulled out her notebook from her backpack, then laid her hat next to my pillow revealing a messy nest of brown hair that fell over her face.
"So what we going to do for this project?" She asked.
"Well Mr.Willoughby said we could do whatever we wanted so I was thinking about doing a poster." I told her
"Why?" She asked
"Well I remembered the drawing you did the other day and I thought you could do the pictures for it and I could right everything including an essay to go with it." I explained.
"Oh no I'm not drawing for that." She said.
"Why? Your good." I said
"No no I'm not."
"Yes you are." I said taking a seat next to her, "Listen I might not like you very much-"
"I feel the same way." She cut me off.
"But your really good." I finished. I could swear I saw a hint of a blush. She cleared her throat.
"Shut up." She said. I laughed at that.
"What you laughing at?" She asked.
"Nothing."
"Nothing really." She leaned closer and glared.
"Ya nothing." I leaned closer as well and smirked. We were real close now only centimeters away.
"Jackass." She said. I laughed and fell back.
"What's so funny?" She asked.
"You." I said sitting up.
"What's funny about me?"
"Everything especially that hair." I said running my hand through her mop of hair.
"Hey!" She grabbed my hand and pushed it away. I laughed and she smiled, that was the first time I actually saw her smile. It was nice, a real sweet smile not harsh or mean or fake but real. "You know what your not half bad." She said.
"I told you." I smirked.
"Don't ruin it." She said pointing a small finger in my face. We heard a knock on my door and both looked towards it my mom was standing there with a tray of snacks for us.
"Here you go." My mom said laying the tray down between us.
"Thanks mom."
"No problem, try and get some work done."
"Ya ok mom."
"Love you Danny boy."
"Ya ya love you too mom." And with that she wasn't gone.
"Danny boy?" Mykie smirked.
"Shut up." Then we both began to scarf down the snacks my mom made without a word.