10; a confession of love and the arrival of mikael

"You do realize you are driving like a maniac, right?"

Cvilidreta told him while seeing the Original hybrid pressing the pedal with force; he had passed a few red lights on the journey to return to Mystic Falls. Klaus had told her Stefan called him saying his father, Mikael, had been daggered by no other than Elena Gilbert.

"You do realize I don't care, right?" the hybrid replied still looking at the road.

The blonde arched her eyebrow at him "Temper, temper" she muttered "There is no rush into getting us to Mystic Falls" she told him.

The true it was the blonde was completely amused by the way he was acting, he was so focused on his father to remember he had someone next to him with the ability to teleport but instead, he rushed into things.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I miss to say the part where my father was woken from his sleep?" Klaus replied sarcastically.

"And look at you" Cvilidreta said annoyed "Driving directly to where he is supposed to be, it's not like this whole thing sounded like a trap" she scoffed "You can completely trust Stefan's word."

"That is why I asked my sister, which she confirmed" he turned for a second his gaze at her "And she would never betray me."

"Oh, you have no idea" the blonde said back "Rebekah is very much naïve, Klaus, you should know that by now, how many times has she fallen in love with a man in which she always assures it's the perfect one or it's the one?" she asked him "And in the end it always results with a dagger in her heart because her silly actions cause horrible consequences that affect you in a negative way."

Klaus grip tightened in the wheel "She learned her lesson in the twenties."

"Well, look who is being naïve now?" the Dark One said with a grin "This time we are talking about Mikael, your not-father who spent a thousand years trying to find you so he could kill you."

She crossed her arms "I mean I know Mikael hated you back when you were human but that much? It makes me wonder if he actually has a reason to kill you" the blonde noticed how tense the hybrid was getting "Tell me what did you do to that drove him to the point of a nonstop hunting, in where he is the hunter and you are the prey?"

Klaus jaw clenched and turned to her "You have no idea how much I love our little chats" he replied with a fake smile.

"Oh, I know" she said back with a giggle "Now, dearie, answer the question."

"What is the point of answering the question?" he scoffed "You already know the answer."

"You are right, I do know the answer" she said pursing her lips "After all I was there."

"Bloody hell" he cursed at her words.

Another memory he doesn't remember correctly, and it was about the death of his mother, now it made him wonder if it was actually him who killed her or Cvilidreta just made him believe he killed her when in reality the Dark One did the murder.