Chapter 9 - The Douche

Chapter 9 – The Douche

The next day in school, Gabby couldn’t wait to get outside. The sun was up, and the temperature made being inside almost unbearable. The big question on every student’s lips was why the school didn’t have air condition.

Gabby inhaled once she stepped outside; a soft breeze caught her hair. She walked over to a shadow caused by a wall. Sighing, she slid down to sit on the grass.

“Hey, girl. Are you also feeling suffocated in there?” Damien walked over and sat beside her.

“You have no idea—I was sure that the whole football squad had decided to sit on me at some point during geography.”

Damien chuckled. “I’d like to see that.”

A few girls passed by, and he nodded a greeting. Gabby didn’t move, the girls’ dirty looks were enough to make her skin crawl. She didn’t need the visual of their too short skirts or their three sizes too small tops.

“You know that they hate seeing you talk to me, right?”

Damien shrugged. “They have no say in what I do. My life, my friends.”

“That makes sense, I guess.”

He turned around to face Gabby. “Why do you say it like that?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I just figured you should try looking at some of the girls who wants you. You seem pretty oblivious to them.”

“Maybe you’re right,” Damien muttered. An awkward silence spread, and it didn’t take long before Damien pushed his body from the grass. With a smile, he waved slightly. “Later, girl.”

Gabby waved at him and leaned against the wall. Phew. This heat was killing her. It wouldn’t take long before the bell rang to the next class, so she got up to retrieve her books. Inside, the heat was even more unbearable.

As she closed her locker and turned to get to her class, she went bumped into someone.

“Oh, Sorr—“

She stopped when she noticed who it was. In front of her was no other than the über prick who broke Danni’s heart.

“I know you heard some things the other day,” he blurted. Gabby’s anger rose by the memory, and she clenched her fist in an attempt to control it.

“Really? Taken into consideration that I passed right by you, that’s a pretty neat observation.” She raised an eyebrow.

“Please, don’t rat me out to Danni,” he begged, his hands folded in front of his chest.

Gabby snorted. “Little too late, pretty boy.”

His face dropped. “You told her?”

“Nope. Your girlfriend did. Now, you’ll have to excuse me while I go find something better to waste time on. Like watching paint dry or something.” She tried to push past him, but he stopped her.

“You’re lying.”

“Believe what you want, I’m done with this.”

“Can you tell her that it’s not true then?”

“You really make me sick, Devon.” Gabby fought the urge to spit in his face. Maneuvering around him, she walked to class.

A few of her classmates sent her concerned looks, and she tried to calm down her anger. It wouldn’t be of any use if she got more people involved at this point—that would just ruin her whole project. Besides, history was up, and she had to concentrate if she should have any chance of passing.

--

When the lesson finally ended, Gabby couldn’t get out quickly enough. All of her classmates must have had the same idea because they were out of the room before her. She shrugged it off and finally left her seat. As she was just about to walk out, Devon stepped out, blocking the door.

“Okay, Dude. You seriously need to leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you,” she said. Her chin was held up high, and she waited for him to move and let her out.

“I know, Gabby. But you need to know that what you heard wasn’t the truth in any way. I never meant for Danni to be hurt.”

Gabby rolled her eyes. “Again, a bit too late there, buddy.”

“Please, Gab—“

“Look. I don’t care what your motives for it were. But you hurt my sister. You’re less than dog-shit to me right now, and I won’t lie to Danni just so you can feel a bit better about your horrible self.”

Devon opened his mouth to speak, but she hold out a finger to silence him.

“I owe you nothing, and I won’t allow you anywhere near my sister ever again.” Gabby pushed him away with her shoulder and walked out.

“For the mother of love…” she muttered and rubbed her shoulder. “That hurt like a bitch.”

A hand grabbed her shoulder. “You can’t keep me from her forever, Gabby. I’ll find a way to explain it to her.”

“Just get a life, Devon. Go hang out with your girlfriend. I’m sure she misses you in between all her other guys.”

“Allyssa isn’t like that.”

“Couldn’t really care less.” She jerked away and walked to her class. Damien popped up beside her.

“Who pissed you off?”

“Devon…”

“Ah.” Damien didn’t say anything else.

“Can you tell Peter that I want to double our time-table? I’ll explain everything tomorrow.”

“Sure, but don’t you think—“

“Not now. I don’t have time to do any of this right now.”

“Alright, I’ll let him know.”

“Thanks, Damien.” Gabby smiled at him. She moved away, and hoped that she wouldn’t run into Devon anymore today.

 A/N - Extremely short filler. But eh, it was needed. >.< MWAH.