Epilogue

The sweet smell of new-leaf wafted through the air as Brookleap stepped back into the ThunderClan camp. Morning rays of sunlight struck the slightly frosted ground and the pelts of a few drowsy cats.

The silver tabby purred slightly when her eyes fell upon the nursery. Just outside the entrance, Grasscloud's two new kits, Robinkit and Blossomkit, were tumbling around in a ball of dark brown and black fur.

"Get off me!" Robinkit exclaimed, trying to push his sister away, but the little black she-kit only smirked and leapt at him again.

She has determination, I'll give her that, Brookleap thought to herself, and purred some more.

Grasscloud had chosen not to reveal who the kits' father was, though she has assured them he was not a former clan cat bent on revenge. Some cats thought they may be the kits of a kittypet tom, but Brookleap wasn't falling for that. Grasscloud, though a nice cat, just didn't have the determination to walk all the way to the twolegplace. She was unlike her first son in that manner.

Yet another purr rumbled in the silver tabby's throat as she spotted Rabbitflight and Ambereyes returning from their morning patrol with Sageclaw and Leafstorm. Ambereyes, like he'd predicted, had indeed been named after his lovely yellow-orange eyes, and had only become a warrior within the last quarter moon. Brookleap was glad to have him around again. She'd hated being seperated from him by rank, just as she'd hated being a kit when Rabbitflight had been an apprentice all those moons ago.

"Hey, what's up?" She called to them, beginning to pad over to her two friends.

Rabbitflight looked grumpy. "We found traces of RiverClan scent at Sunningrocks again."

Hadn't Crowstar and Hawkstar come to an agreement about that? "How much?" She asked.

"Actually, not a whole lot," Leafstorm replied, "Just one cat or so. We decided that if we find more soon, we'll raise the alert, but if the cat doesn't return, there's no need to cause any trouble."

Brookleap nodded. That sounded reasonable. It was amazing how reasonable Leafstorm was compared to how Berryfang had been. "I could check it out some more, if you want," she offered. "I was planning on hunting today, and I could head in that direction."

"If you want, but it's not necessary," Sageclaw meowed.

Swishing her tail slightly, she nodded again. "I'll go. It can't hurt."

The older warrior nodded and made her way over to where Hawkstar was sitting. Probably to tell him the news. The thought of another incident with RiverClan made Brookleap's fur bristle. ThunderClan had been lucky enough not to have another incident since Darkcloud's return, and the last thing they needed was to reopen the old wound with the neighboring clan.

"You want me to come with you?" Ambereyes asked, strolling up to her. His reddish coat was glinting in the golden light.

 His reddish coat was glinting in the golden light