3

Carlos POV

Once we separated, I ran into Lonnie almost immediately. She looked different with straw in her hair, soot on her face, and wearing a sack dress.

"Oh my God! Mr. de Vil, are you okay?" Lonnie asked, dropping her bag of flour and helping me up.

"I'm fine Lonnie." I assured her.

"How do you know my name?" Lonnie asked. Shoot. I forgot that she may not know me.

"Um...... Mal told me?" I said, but even to me it sounded more like a question.

"Okay." Lonnie didn't seem to question it. Then she walked over to the flour and tried to pick it up, but failed horribly.

"You need any help?" I asked, then ran over to her.

Lonnie looked shocked. "Why are you helping me?"

"Because it's the right thing to do." I smiled at her and picked up the bag.

"Oh. I didn't know villains-"

"Had any good in their bodies?" I asked. "I didn't either. But, I do. So do my friends, but we can't tell our parents because, you know-"

"They'd torcher you the first chance they get?" Lonnie asked.

"Basically, yes."

"Huh." That's all Lonnie said as I helped her carry the flour to the castle. People gave us strange looks, but I ignored them as Lonnie looked scared, like she was breaking a rule or something.

"So, where do you live?" I asked her.

"On a farm, about 40 minutes walk from here." Lonnie responded.

"Who do you live with?"

"My mom, Mulan, and my father, Shang."

"Who runs your farm?"

"Shan Yu. You don't know much, do you?" Lonnie asked me.

"Not about the people. My mom doesn't let me get out of the house unless I go to Mal, Evie, or Jay's houses." I lied.

"That explains the fair completion." Lonnie joked, smirking.

I laughed and Lonnie laughed with me.

"Okay, that was the last bag." Lonnie said once we got to the castle.

"Can I walk you back?" I asked. Maybe I could convince her to tell me something about Jane.

"Um, no thanks. I'm already in trouble for taking to long. I should get going." Lonnie said, walking away. Well, that backfired.

"Wait! Do you know anything about a girl named Jane?" I asked. Lonnie turned around.

"Yeah. She's usually the person to help me."

"Do you know where she lives? Or where she is?"

"She's right there." Lonnie said, pointing to Jane, who was standing at the market. "Now I must be going."

"Okay. Thanks. But don't worry. I'm going to fix this Lonnie. For all for us."

Lonnie gave me a confused look, then walked away. I ran up to Jane.

"Hi." I said as Jane jumped up, right into my arms.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry Mr. de Vil!" Jane exclaimed, jumping out of my arms.

"It's okay. I don't mind."

"Really?"

"Really. Mal just wants me to get to know some of the villagers."

"Okay?" Jane sounded confused. "What would you like to know?"

"Who are your parents?"

"I don't know who my father is, but my mother was Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, but she goes by Janet."

"Where do you live?"

"In the city with my mom. I work at the palace, helping Queen Maleficent."

"Oh." I blushed. It was different talking to Jane because I may have a minor crush on her, but it's only minor.

"Why are you asking me these questions?" Jane asked.

"Didn't I already explain this? Again, because, Jane Godmother, Mal wants to know more about Auradon and it's subjects?" I lied, sounding more like I was asking a question.

"Hm." Jane said, not believing my lie. "Okay. And how did you know my name?"

"Mal told me." I lied again. I can't fall into an old habit again.

"Oops!" Jane exclaimed, rushing to pick up a bag of apples she dropped. I beat her to it.

"Need these?" I asked, smirking.

Jane glared at me with her chocolate brown eyes. "Can I have my apples Mr. de Vil?"

"Why do people keep calling me that?" I murmured to myself as I tossed Jane the apples.

"Bye." Jane said, running away. I got out my phone and texted the others.