9

Audrey POV

"Okay! Everyone attention!" Blonde Mal yelled while we were standing on the field.

"What's going on!?" Chad yelled.

"We are going to train you guys in using your powers." Jay explained.

"We don't have any powers!" Lonnie yelled.

"Hey!" Carlos yelled. "Everyone shut up so we can continue!" Everyone quited down and looked at the VKs.

"Thank you." Evie said. "Now, we have small hunches about what powers you may possess. Audrey, please come down here."

I nervously got out of my seat and walked onto the field. "What do you guys need?"

"Try making one of us sleep." Mal instructed.

"What?"

"Try making one of us sleep."

"I can't do that!" I complained.

"Just take out all the anger you have for my mother, and angle it towards me." Mal said. I've never seen such selflessness in a villain, but maybe she was different.

"Mal, I don't want you to go through that. You don't have a true love."

"I'll be fine." Mal assured me. "Just do it."

A little worried, I sent a wave of exhaustion towards Mal and she stumbled, falling on her butt. Ben ran over to her and helped her up.

"Good job Audrey." Mal said, leaning on Ben. "I'm resistant to sleeping curses, so I wasn't all that effected."

"Not all the effected!?" Ben asked, a little enraged. "Mal, you stumbled and fell on the ground!"

"Ben, I'll be fine."

"No! You won't!"

"Ben!" Mal almost yelled. "I'll be fine. Just calm down, okay?"

Ben sighed, still a little angry. "Fine!"

"Thank you." Mal said as she bent down and picked up a stick. "Jane, catch."

Mal threw the stick and Jane caught it. As her hand touched the it, the stick glowed a yellow light until it grew longer and more fancier.

"Did I just turn this stick into a wand?" Jane asked, fiddling with the wand while yellow sparks came out.

"Yeah." Mal said. "You do have magic because of your mom. Maybe I can try to help train you."

"How would you train me?" Jane asked.

"Well, I'm trying to learn good magic, and good magic runs in your veins. We could try to teach each other."

"Oh." Jane said, then looked away.

"Chad, come down here. I have an idea about what you could do, but I want you to try it."

Chad walked down, looking angry at the VKs.

"Try freezing someone in place, like you're freezing time." Mal instructed.

"What?"

"You're mom was all about deadlines, midnight, etcetera, etcetera. So, maybe you could freeze a person in place like you're freezing time."

"Okay." Chad smiled darkly. "Easy."

Instantly, Mal froze in place, along with Ben, who was touching her shoulder, trying to keep her away.

"Good job Chad!" Evie said. "Now try letting time catch up with them is they'll unfreeze."

"Only for Ben." Chad said as Ben unfroze, but not Mal.