Jay POV

I just got a text from Carlos.

Hey, I just finished talking to Lonnie and Jane. Lonnie works on a farm with her parents ran by Shan Yu. Jane works for Maleficent at the palace.

Good job Carlos. I'm looking for Ben right now. Mal responded.

Wait, we're looking for people? Evie asked.

I responded with You got distracted by a jacket, didn't you?

Wha??????? No! Of course not!

I rolled my eyes as I continued looking for Audrey and Chad.

"Hey Carter! Hurry up!" Yelled a boy in a yard I was passing.

"My name isn't Carter. It's Chad." Responded a second voice.

"Do I look like a care Charming?" Asked the first voice. As I walked over, I accidentally knocked over a bottle. He was dirty and unrecognizable, but Chad looked in my direction, but didn't tell who I realized was Anthony Tremaine, that I was here.

"No Lord Tremaine." Chad choked out.

"Good. Now wash my horse." Anthony commanded, throwing a washrag at Chad. "Now get to it, or no supper for you tonight."

"Yes sir." Chad said as I crept over and Anthony left.

"Chad, right?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Yes." Chad glared at me. "What do you want Prince Jay?"

I was taken back from that comment. "Prince Jay?"

"You're the Prince of Agrabah." Chad explained, then scoffed. "Are you seriously stupid enough to forget your own title?"

Well, Chad is as rude as he was in the original Auradon, so that's good. "Look, I'm just here to ask questions for Mal. So could I ask them?"

"Just ask them so I can get back to work. I don't want Lord Anthony to yell at me, again!" Chad complained.

"Okay," I said, gritting through my teeth. "fine. Is this where you live?"

"Yes. Once the villains won the war, my mother, Cinderella, and my father, Prince Charming, were forced to work for the Tremaines for the rest of our lives. If we tried to escape, we would be whipped."

Okay, so Chad's a slave. I almost pity him. Almost. "There was a war?"

Chad ignored my question.

"Okay, fine. How long have you been working here?"

"From since I was born, 16 years."

"Do you know anyone by the name of Audrey?"

"Yeah. She's that seamstress's daughter. I believe her mother's name is Aurora."

"And that would be?"

"Are you seriously this stupid? Sleeping Beauty!"

Okay, so he's talking about the right Audrey. "Thank you. Now, was that so hard?"

Chad glared at me as I walked away, off to find Audrey.

Hey, did you find anyone yet? Mal texted me.

Yeah, I just finished talking to Chad. He's still rude, has been a slave for the Tremaines since he was born, he's treated unfairly, I'm apparently the prince of Agrabah, and apparently there was also a war. I texted back.

That doesn't sound to good. Carlos responded.

No kidding Captain Obvious.

Well, Evie interrupted. On my way to find Doug, I found Audrey. She's at a seamstress's shop by the castle. I didn't talk to her though.

Thanks E.

Anytime Jay, anytime.

I raced back to the castle and ran into a girl with dark brown hair, caramel colored skin, and chocolate brown eyes that seemed to melt when you looked at them.

"Audrey?" I asked. Audrey stopped and just stared at me.

"Oh my gods! Prince Jay! I'm so sorry!" Audrey stammered, looking frightened.

"Audrey, it's okay. And I'm already fed up with people calling me Prince Jay. Just call me Jay."

"Okay....... Jay. Is there something you need?"

"I just want to ask you a few questions."

"Okay. Shoot."

Wait, Audrey is being nice? Something's wrong here. "Who do you live with?"

"My mom, Aurora and my father, Phillip."

"Where do you work?"

"At my mom's seamstress shop and at the castle for Queen Maleficent."

"How long has this been going on?"

"Conversation or my situation?"

"Situation."

"Since I was born 16 years ago. Is that all?"

"Yes. Can I walk you back to your shop?" I may or may not have a minor crush on Audrey, okay? God! Why are you people judging me!

"No. I have to go to work at the castle."

"Oh. Okay. I'll hopefully see you later."

"Bye Jay."

"Bye." Once Audrey was out of my view, I texted everyone.