7

Ben POV

"What?" Evie asked. "How can you even hear from down there?"

Mal rolled her eyes. "I heard nothing. I can see the pictures they're holding!"

"Well, that makes more sense!" Jay complained.

"Well, we have to help all of them!" Carlos yelled.

"Shut up Carlos." Mal said as she started whispering to herself "I can do this. I can do this."

"Have you never done magic before?" I asked as Mal glared at me.

"I have, just not this type." Mal said, then continued to focus. "Make no mistake, but teleport them here, post haste. Bring Audrey, Jane, Lonnie, Chad, and Doug here!"

In a flash of green, all five of my friends appeared.

"What's going on?" Audrey asked.

"I was peacefully working in the mines, and what happens? I get teleported to Ben's house!" Doug complained.

"Mom's gonna kill me!" Jane exclaimed.

"I don't want Shan Yu to hurt my parents!" Lonnie said, almost in tears.

"Why are they here!" Chad yelled, pointing to Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos.

"Because it's to hard to hear, make them quiet before I tear!" Mal yelled as everyone's mouths continued to move, but no sound came out.

"You actually made them shut up?" I asked. "Thank you! Whenever I try, they just continue to yell!"

"Welcome." Mal said, then called everyone to attention. "Listen up! I'm taking everyone to a place that should still be here! Now everyone grab hands because it will make my life so much easier!"

"Why?" Chad mouthed.

"Dude, just do it!" Doug mouthed back.

"I'm not touching a VKs hand!"

"Since this is gonna take forever," Lonnie mouthed. "I'm going to take a chance and grab Chad's hand. Anyone else wanna join me?"

"I'll help." Audrey mouthed as she gripped Chad's hand. Lonnie followed her lead and soon, everyone was holding hands. I was holding Mal and Jane's. Doug was the only other person brave enough to hold a VKs hand.

"Because these people don't want to get caught, take us to where we first met!" Mal chanted as my bedroom dissolved and a crumbled building appeared.

"Wow." Jay said. "I've never seen this place look so bad."

"I know. It's sorta weird." Carlos agreed, walking over to a statue covered in ivy.

"This is still here?" Evie asked as she let go of Doug's hand and walked over to the statue.

Mal looked at us. "Well, are you guys going to go explore, or what?" She asked as everyone went to go look at their separate things. I stayed.

"Almost....... Darn it!" Mal yelled as she tried to get the ivy off of the statue.

"Need any help?" I asked.

Mal looked at me. "Why aren't you exploring?"

"Because I don't want to wander out alone. Besides, I owe you one."

Mal sighed. "Good point. Can you cut the vines?"

"I can try." I said, taking out my trusty knife and cutting the vines off of the statue. When it was done, the statue resembled a man. I felt like I knew him from somewhere, but I couldn't place it.