5

Evie POV

Should it worry me that Audrey was actually being nice to me? Jay texted everyone.

Wait, what? I texted back.

I asked Audrey some questions, which, by the way, I found out that she works with Jane at Maleficent's castle and works with her mom at the seamstress shop, but she was nice to me, unlike she was in original Auradon.

But Chad was still rude? Mal asked.

Yeah. I'm confused about the whole thing.

Well, on a not so brighter note, I found Doug.

Really? Carlos asked. How is that not good?

A, he was being rude to me, and B, once he realized who I was, he started helping me carry a bag of oranges I bought. It's so weird.

"Is everything okay Princess Evie?" Doug asked me as I looked up from my phone.

"Yeah Doug, everything's fine. I'm just texting my friends." I explained as a car drove up to us. Doug was walking in front of me as the car just kept speeding.

"Doug! Watch out!" I yelled and pushed him out of the way. Right before the car slammed into me, it stopped. The driver of this car was none other than my mother. I didn't even know she knew how to drive!

"Evie!" My mother's voice screeched. "Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"I'm fine Mom." I gritted through my teeth. Then my mom turned to Doug.

"Watch where you're going!" My mom yelled at him.

"Well, you were kinda speeding Mom." I said.

"Preposterous!" Mom yelled.

"Actually, Evie's telling the truth." Doug said just loud enough for me to hear.

"What?" Mom asked.

"I said Evie's telling the truth!" Doug bit back, shocking me since he was being rude to my mom.

"What did you just say to me?" Mom asked, challenging Doug.

"You heard me Grimhilde." Doug said.

"Doug, calm down. It was just an accident. Wasn't it Mother?" I asked, daring Mom to challenge me.

Mom sighed. "Yes, it was an accident." Mom gritted through her teeth. Then she walked away, her blue cape billowing.

"I am SO sorry about her Doug." I said.

"It's okay Evie. But I have to be getting back to the mines. Bye." Doug said as he walked away.

"I hope I see you again!" I yelled. "And you can keep the oranges!"

"Thanks Evie! And bye! I hope I see you again as well!" Doug said as I got out my phone and texted the others.

A/N: Don't worry. Next chapter is going to be the one we've all been waiting for........ Ben!