Chapter 9

~Alicia's POV~

A few days later, I had my first DADA class. I heard about the rumors from the other children who had his class already and I couldn't wait any longer for it.

I was in lunch bouncing my leg impatiently. Draco was next to me eating and glancing at me every once in a while.

Finally his curiosity got the best of him and he said "What is the matter with you love? You seem excited."

I laughed and said "that's because I am. We have our first DADA class today. I'm curious as to how it will go."

"Bloody well I would hope. I've heard the rumors too. Sounds like it will be better than that werewolf. I still can't believe you got away with skipping most of his classes."

"Honestly I am too. I hated it tho. DADA just so happens to be my favorite subject. Right next to Potions."

"That's surprising. I would've thought Potions would be your favorite."

"Not my most. But then again, I know about almost everything about the subject."

"Actually love you know almost everything. Your tied with Mud blood Granger. If it wasn't for you being tied with her, my father would be fussing at me for letting a mud blood be better at something that I was raised around."

"That isn't true. Your good with magic. Although you did get a bit of help. You really suck at writing essay's."

"Can't help it. I'm no good with words. But with your help I'm alright. Speaking of words. What song are you singing in the competition?"

"What are you talking about? I'm not singing in that bloody competition."

At that moment Professor Flitwick came up to me and said "Ms. Snape! Could I have a word?"

"Sure Professor. I'll be back Dra." I said smiling

I got up and followed Professor Flitwick. Once we got to the choir room he asked me to sit and I did.

He looked at me and said "you haven't signed up for the competition. Why?"

My face fell and I mentally cursed my father and Draco knowing one of them had something to do with this.

I cleared my throat and said "I'm just a bit nervous is all Professor. You see, I don't think I would do well."

He laughed and I raised an eyebrow.

He was laughing at the fact that I was too nervous over some silly competition. Who does that?

He finally stopped laughing and said "you? Not do well? Alicia. I have never believed in favoritism but if I did you would be at the top. Your top of your class and your an amazing singer. I would know."

I smiled slightly and said "my father put you up to this didn't he Professor?"

He nodded and said "he did. Thought you were wasting your talent."

I sighed and said "where do I sign up?"

He smiled and said "already are. Your father signed you up. Just needed help convincing you."

The bell rang and I immediately became happy knowing I had DADA next.

"Go to class."

I quickly got up and ran all the way to DADA.

Once I got there, Draco was sitting waiting for me and I sat next to him.

He looked at me and said "Well?"