Chapter 13

~Severus's POV~

Once we got to Albus's office, Minerva said "you aren't really going to let them compete are you Albus?"

"You heard Barty. The children have no choice but to compete."

"I believe the boy's history shows that he can handle this. May I suggest to let them unfold." I said

"Potter is a boy not a piece of meat."

"I agree. With Severus." Albus said.

"What about Alicia?"

I sighed not knowing what to say.

I looked at Albus to see him looking at me.

"She has no choice Severus. You know this."

I nodded not wanting to say anything.

"She's a strong talented smart girl. She will do just fine. I'll help her." I said.

"Good. Alastor watch over Harry. Don't let him know you are. There is a lot going on in his mind already."

Moody nodded and Albus waved us off dismissing us.

I walked to the door and went to the Slytherin Common Room to get Alicia.

Once I got there I saw Alicia on the couch asleep. I walked over to her to see tear tracks on her cheeks. I bent down to pick her up and took her to my room.

She stayed asleep the whole time until I set her on her bed.

"Father?"

I froze and slowly turned to see her awake.

I walked to her bed and smoothed her hair down and said "go back to sleep. You had an eventful day."

"I can't. Something Trevor told me is bothering me."

"What is that?"

"He took part in putting my name in that cup. Something is going to happen and I don't know what. It's scaring me."

"I'll let Dumbledore know about this. Is there anything else he said?"

She hesitated for a moment before saying, "No that's it."

I had a hunch she was lyeing but she has been through enough today for me to look through her mind.

"Alright. Go to sleep."

She nodded and turned over getting comfy before falling asleep.

I got up and began grading papers. As I got to the Hufflepuff's papers my left arm began to burn.

I lifted up my sleeve to look at it and the Dark Mark was darker than normal.

I knew that meant He was returning. And I had a feeling Alicia was needed. I don't want her in danger but there is nothing I can do to change his mind.