Chapter 26

~Alicia's POV~

"I'm telling you. I'm fine. Stop worrying about me."

"Alicia. You have been having more visions lately and I am not going to let you collapse like that again." My father told me.

"I have had two awake visions this year. No big deal."

"It is a big deal. The school and the ministry are already questioning about you."

"And I'm supposed to care what the other students and the ministry are asking about me?"

"Yes. The ministry will do everything in their power to make sure you do not end up like your mother."

"But I'm not her. Why can't they just give me a chance?"

"It would be risky. Their words not mine."

"So? They should still give me a chance. 3 strikes and I'm out."

"The government doesn't work like that Alicia. They have to be cautious to make sure the people are happy and safe."

"So they are going to make one person's life miserable all because of her mother. That's not even fair."

"Life isn't either Alicia. You know this. You are a smart and strong girl and you can prove them wrong."

I sighed and said "Yes father."

"Good. Now have you heard about the third task."

"Yes. It's a maze."

"Right. And I want you to watch your surroundings. If something doesn't feel right, then you can send up the red flash. No one will blame you for giving up."

"I'm a fighter father. I don't give up."

"I know you are. I'm just letting you know you don't always have to be brave."

"I know this father."

"Good. Go ahead and practice some spells. I have papers to grade."

I nodded and went into my room and practiced some fighting spells.

I got bored after a while and did some homework. I was behind with all of this tournament stuff happening anyways.

I heard my fathers door open and then mine and I look up to see Maria.

"What the hell?" I said confused.

"Why do you look so lost?" She asked.

"Well for one your not Trevor. Two your being nice?"

"I need your help."

"Ok?"

"I know you know my father is coming back."

"And?"

"Hanging out with Harry has made me realize I don't want to end up like my father. I want to be the opposite."

"You wouldn't exactly be  your mother either you know this right?"

"I know."

"Then who do you want to be like?"

"You. Your brave you stand up to my brother and I bet you could stand up to my father."

"I'm not that brave."

"But if you tried you could."

"What are you trying to ask me?"

"I'm trying to ask for your help. I want you to try and not let my father come back. It's not going to be the same."

"You like Harry don't you?"

She didn't say anything so I said "you know he will torture you for that right? Maybe even kill you?"

"Its a risk I'm willing to take. At first yes I did lie to Harry saying I wanted to be nothing like my brother and father. But in the end it ended up being the truth."

"He's a Gryffindor. You are Slytherin."

"Yet I'm a half blood."

"Your powers basically make you pure."

"Who cares? Blood is blood. What is the difference?"

I sighed and said "you really want to do this?"

"Positive."

"I'll try my best." I said.

"Thank you." She said smiling and running up to give me a hug.

"No problem. Just don't hold it against me if he does."

"I won't."