Chapter 14 : Blood On The BattleField

Ash awoke in the middle of the night and sat up, he looked down at Mizuki who rested on the pillow beside him and smiled. He brushed her hair over her ear and kissed her forehead. Than he walked to the balcony and jumped the rail landing on the path below.

Although far in distance he could sense the one eyed moth demon and he dashed into the forest. He followed the scent that stopped at a long dirt field. The trees swayed while their leaves rustled like beats of silver, the wind was quiet but the storm approaching him was not. He heard a distant whoosh and jumped in time, for an arrow was shot at him. He shot a cruel insightful glare at the moth demon who now wore a patch on his right eye.

"We meet again Ash" he said spreading his fuzzy wings, Ash scoffed "Yes but this time I think I'm going to finish the job" He growled wielding a red bladed sword. "I will take your pelt and use it for a nice blanket" the moth threatened. "The pelt of a dog demon does not come cheap, a treacherous little moth like yourself could never afford a touch, but if you don't mind having your wings ripped of, by all means try it" Ash replied.

The moth became highly offended by Ash's words and ran at him. The two boys began to fight each other beginning to fight within the approaching thunderstorm. Mizuki sat up and looked beside her, she realized that Ash was missing and turned herself into a wolf, she began tracking his scent and jumped off the balcony to find him. Mizuki saw them fighting and summoned a blast attack, she threw it at the moth and ran to Ash, "What are you doing here, Mother told you not to finish this" she said, "I know. But she can't control my life, listen Mizu I wanna keep you safe but in order to start that you need to let me finish this".

The moth demon got back on his feet and grabbed his deadly poison sword, he put his body on an angle and threw it like a Frisbee, Ash looked over Mizuki's shoulder and quickly pushed her to the ground, Mizuki looked first at the moth demon and opened her hand to the sky above, making him become obliterated by lightning, she looked back at Ash who dropped to the ground with a sword in his chest.

Mean while, I quickly sat up in my sleep panting and jumped out of bed getting dressed quickly, Sesshomaru also sat up looking at me confused, "Honey what's wrong?" he asked, "Mizuki and Ash, I have a feeling that something is wrong" I replied rushing out of the room and into theirs, Sesshomaru got dressed quickly and followed "Their scent is leading off the balcony" he said, and we both ran to get them.

Mizuki felt her eyes becoming filled with water, "No Ash! Why did you do that!" she said feeling the tears flow down her cheeks, Ash gave a weak smile "Because, I promised you that nothing would harm you" he said, she knelt down beside Ash and cried, "Please don't leave me, not you. You can't go!" she cried gripping his kimono as her eyes got foggy with tears.

He grabbed her face and kissed her, "I always loved you Mizuki" he said, she felt more and more tears flow from her eyes, "I can't believe that this whole time, I was in love with my older brother" she said putting her forehead on his, "And what's wrong with that" he said coughing, "But perhaps I'll see you in another life" he said and closed his eyes, Mizuki cried more "NO Ash! Wake up please! You can't leave me here all alone! Please just five more seconds. Ash!" she said.

Me and Sesshomaru finally arrived and saw them together, Mizuki turned to us and ran hugging both of us "He gave up his life for mine, I wanna help him" she cried, Sesshomaru at this moment regret abandoning tenseigia and he picked up Ash's corpse, I picked up Mizuki and carried her over my shoulder, by the time we had got back, she had cried herself to sleep leaving my shoulder sticky with damp tears.

Sesshomaru put Ash down on Mizuki's couch and I put Mizuki in her bed, she quickly woke up, "No! I wanna stay with Ash" she said and ran to Ash pushing Sesshomaru away, she hugged Ash's body and put her head on his chest, I pulled Sesshomaru out of the way and walked with him back to our room to discuss Ash's death and the moth demon's.

(for everyone who loved Ash, I apologize. Also if you liked this story, I have another one called Guardians of  Sapphire .Anyway I hope you's enjoyed this story but for now, Farewell)