matchmake

matchmake;

she sat down and gripped the chains, allowing her body to loll backwards, her red converse elevating off the spongy tarmac. like usual, she was here again at 6 and sitting right next to her, there was this little companion whom she had eventually got to know from his frequent visits to the playground as well. swinging back and forth on the other swing, the little boy was initially sucking on to his lollipop when shortly after, he removed it from his mouth and called out to the girl.

"noona,"

"hmm?"

she responded with her feet dangling loosely in the air.

"i told my parents not to come and fetch me today,"

"eh?"

the girl widened her eyes at the little boy's words and gave him a frown but he only giggled, before he battered his eyelashes shyly at her.

"but no worries, i told hyung to come instead,"

he explained,

"he would make a better boyfriend than that dumb ex of yours. i swear,"

she was so startled by his words that 'thud', she came to lose her balance and fell hardly onto the ground. with her face scrunched up in a look of agony, the girl groaned in pain while struggling to get up from the ground when all of a sudden, a hand was offered in her line of vision.

looking up, she was surprised to find a good looking mint-haired boy staring down at her, with a lollipop rubbing at one corner of his mouth.

"miss, are you alright?"

he asks.

a story in which the boy meets the girl through an arrangement made by a matchmaker - his little brother