scars

scars;

as soon as she woke up from the bed, she was already in a rush to pack up her belongings. stuffing everything into her duffel bag, she slung it over her shoulder, clenching her teeth in pain when it accidentally touched her injured spot.

pulling her hat down, she tried making her way past the nurses on duty when just then, a stern voice called out to her,

"kim donghyun! you stay right there!"

her heart stopped when she heard his voice. without turning her head back, she knew at once that it was him. and quickly, she hastened up her steps, trying to avoid him but to no avail. with a firm pull, dr. kim seokjin had already held hard onto her wrist, stopping her from any movement.

"i say let go of me!"

"no, look hyunnie. i can help", seokjin explained as he pulled up donghyun's sleeve. the two remained silent for a second as soon as the scars on donghyun's arm came into view.

"t-these... these are clearly not something which can be caused by work hazard", muttered seokjin before he shut his eyes and thought for a while.

"i will get yoongi to file a case for you. you just wait here, hyunnie-ah,"

tears welled up in her eyes. but even though it might hurt her further more, donghyun flung her arm away from seokjin nevertheless.

"i don't need your help", she cried,

"i don't need you anymore ever since you chose to leave on that day,"

a story in which a boy who left his family early to pursue his dream meets his abused step sister at the hospital five years later