.1

"Chase come on!" I looked up from the piece of blank paper sitting on my desk. James, my best friend since primary school stood in the door way of my room. "We're gonna be late for practice" he said while walking down the hall. I sighed "I guess I'll start this later" I mumbled to myself. I stood up from my chair and slipped on my tank top. I jogged downstairs slinging my athletic bag around my shoulder. James leaned against his silver ford twirling his keys on his fingers. I threw my bag into the trunk and slid into the passengers seat.

~*~

"Chase speed up!" Our coach yelled from the sideline. I dribbled the ball in my hand curving around the other players. He blew the whistle making me come to a stop. "Rain! Come here" I cradled the ball against my side and walked over to him. He grabbed the ball from my grip "listen, your a great player, but your grades are slowly dropping. If you don't get them up, I'm taking you off the team" I wiped the sweat from my face with my shirt. "I know dad" he looked at me with his cold eyes "it's coach on the court, dad at home" he walked away carrying the ball with him. My father was very stubborn with my brother and I. He was more of a coach then a dad, he was grateful to only have sons, I guess he never thought that a son needs affection and love like any daughter would, but that wasn't who he was. I really don't even remember the last time he ever hugged me let alone tell me he loved me. He was a very difficult person to understand.