.18

Why was I so nervous? I never get nervous. It could be that I tol- no it can't. I slipped on my jersey and walked out of the locker room. I watched as people piled into the stands, I spotted that familiar face. His hazel irises spotted my blue ones, he gave me a cheesy smile. I felt my heart speed up and my palms become moist. I shook my head and walked towards the rest of my team. I glanced up and saw him sit near the edge of the railing.

"Go make me proud boys!" We jostled against each other and broke from the group. I stood in the middle of the court waiting for the other team, since I was captain, I started off.
The boy that I was against stood in front of me him being about 5'10 making this easy for me since my limbs where longer then his. I heard the whistle blow and the referee throw the ball in the air. I pushed it towards our team as one of the boys grabbed it and started dribbling the ball towards the net.

~*~

I bent down and saw my dad mouth "come on son" I dribbled down the court with 5 seconds on the clock. I jumped pushing my arm back flicking my wrist, aiming it towards the net. It ringed around the rim falling into the basket a second before the buzzer went off. My team cheered as people from the stands rushed out onto the court. I felt my body being picked up by the crowd.