.38

I walked in the house as I tripped over boxes. I caught my balance before I could fall face down into the wooden floor.

I looked up at the stairs as my mom carried boxes down with my name written across them. "W-what's going on?"

He sighed as she set down the box on the floor "me and your father are getting a divorce, I have custody of you. We are moving to California"

My blood started to boil as hot tears swelled in my eyes "y-you can't do that mom, I'm staying with dad. You can't make me go"

"Chase at this moment you don't have a chose, I have custody of you. We are leaving in the morning, and you will not have contact with Chris, ever."

Everything seemed a blur, my mother was speaking but I couldn't make out what she was saying. All of our dreams, plans, our promises just shattered.

I walked passed her as I pressed my head against the door. Tears slipped from my eyes as I felt my chest tighten up. It felt like I couldn't breathe.

I slid open my window and crawled out. I jumped from the roof and took off towards the creek.

I wiped my eyes as neared the dock, seeing a figure skid rocks across the waters surface. "Chase?" Chris turned around as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"What's wrong love?" He wipe away the tear that slipped out as I took a shaky breath to calm myself down.

"I-I'm moving" his smile dropped.