Chapter 10- Frozen

Melody's POV

We walk into the warmth of the DVD store. I blow my hands to warm them up then hide my hands in the sleeves of Tyson's hoodie. The DVD store is quite big with a sofa in one corner and and a section for children with a table filled with Lego.    

I hate Lego. Its like toys made by the devil, especially when you stand on those tiny blocks and you feel like you are going to die.

There's a little boy in a blue onzie sitting at the table and making a tall tower. I walk to the cartoon and animated section and take out Frozen. "Let's have a cartoon movie night." I say, smiling at Tyson who is standing next to me. He groans, "Fine, but then next week Friday we're having a horror movie night." Tyson says with a grin. I sigh, "Okay." That seemed fair.

Thank goodness there is no school tomorrow. I'm so done with school. Grade eleven is just too much, honestly. School just sucks in general, especially maths. Maths needs to leave, especially Quadratic equations and trig graphs. Ew.

"Have you seen Aladdin?" I ask.

Tyson shakes his head and so I take it out from the shelf.

"Tinkerbell?" I ask, he shakes his head again and so I take the movie off the shelf.

"Ariel?" He shakes his head. I sigh and take the movie out, "You must have had a horrible childhood." I state and Tyson just shrugs and grins, "Riding those black plastic motorbikes was way better." He states and winks. "Wow, you were a little rebel since the start, huh?" I ask. Tyson brushes a hand through his hair and smirks, "Mhmm, I've been pulling chicks since birth." Tyson says and winks again.

Cocky much? "Inside Out?" I ask, changing the subject. Tyson shakes his head and I take out the movie. "I thought you said you watched a lot of movies." I say.

"I meant good movies, not movies about mermaids." Tyson says, chuckling. "These are good movies! These are the  movies I grew up with. They're amazing."

"Disney is the reason girls have such high expectations of guys being total romantics. I mean seriously,  these movies show that guys go from a beast to a prince just because the girl loves him. Its not realistic." Tyson says, shaking his head.

We pay for the movies and get into Tyson's car. "Come on, it shows what true love is. Sacrifice. I mean, Cinderella walked on broken glass, Jasmine married a common theif, Ariel walked on land for love, Mulan disguised herself as a man. That's true love." I say, defending Disney.

Tyson chuckles and gets out the car. We're at the supermarket for food. I love food. "You must be really passionate about Disney. Its cute, cupcake." Tyson says. I blush, "Whatever. Don't call me cupcake." I say. "Why, does it bother you?" Tyson asks, smirking. Ugh, I still hate you! Even though I need you. Stupid child. "Yes!" I say. "Duly noted, cupcake." Tyson winks.

I groan and walk off to the isle with the popcorn. Yummy. I take out the butter salt flavor, this is definitely the best flavor ever although normal butter is okay as well. I drop it into the basket that Tyson is holding. "You like butter salt too?" Tyson asks, surprised. I nod, "Obviously, its amazing." I say. "Not as amazing as you." Tyson says with a wink.

I roll my eyes, wow he must be really desperate, trying to flirt with me to get into my pants. Idiot.

We pay for the food, and by we I mean Tyson, and then take the five full packets of food back to the car.

*-*-*

I slip Aladdin into Tyson's DVD player and get on the couch next to him after pressing play. I'm still in Tyson's cloths, the smell is heavenly, I could just live in his clothes forever.

Tyson puts a blanket over our laps and passes me the popcorn. I turn up the volume to make it louder than the sound of the rain outside. I smile at Tyson and he smiles back at me then wraps his arm around my waist, I move closer to him and put my head against his shoulder.

Everything about him is just so comfortable and soft and safe. "Thanks." I say. "For what?" Tyson asks. "For being my movie buddy." I say and Tyson chuckles. "No problem cupcake, just means I'm one step closer to making you fall in love with me and one step closer to me getting in your pants." Tyson says and shrugs.

I scoff, "Yeah, not going to happens. You know that you'll fall faster than me." I state.

I turn back to the movie, its currently Aladdin's wedding to Jasmine. An earthquake starts and the Genie frowns, "I though the earth wasn't supposed to move until the honeymoon..." Jeanie says.

Tyson and I chuckle, "These movies are dirtier than I expected for a children's movie." Tyson comments and I nod.

Disney if fricking hilarious.

*-*-*

Who else loves Disney movies? And do you guys agree with Tyson on how Disney creates higher expectations for girls or do you agree with Melody's point that love is sacrifice?

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG