What really happened

Normal pov.

It was a normal day for the Shinoa squad. Yuu, Kimizuki, Yoichi, Shinoa, Mitsuba, and Mika were out in Shinjuku hunting for vampires. The war was over, and although that removed a large weight from everyone's chest, but there were still a few vampires that needed to be exterminated.

Shinoa had decided that everyone should split up into pairs of two. She had wanted to go with Yuu, but Mika wouldn't have that.

"Over my dead body." He says in a cold voice.

Shinoa glares at him, but she says nothing else.

That is how they were in their current position. Mika and Yuu were looking around one of the abandoned buildings on the Eastern part of Shinjuku.

"Hey Mika?" Yuu asks quietly.

"Yes Yuu-chan?" The blond looks back towards the slightly smaller boy.

"I was just thinking..." The emerald eyed boy says nervously. "It's been a few days since you last had blood hasn't it?"

Mika freezes at his words. "W-well yes...but I'll be alright for a few days more."

Yuu looked at the blond. "Your sure?" He asks again. Mika nods.

Yuu nods back to him and continues the search.

That's when it happened.

Mika's pov.

I had heard something strange coming from a neighboring building.

"Yuu-chan stay here. I'll be right back."

Yuu nods and sits down on the stair of the front porch.

I walk to the building to see that the floor had collapsed. I look through the rubble for any survivors. Not that I would care if a human that wasn't yuu-chan was injured.

I noticed a piece of paper in the rubble. I pick it up and see that there were words written on it.

-I got you Mika-kun!-

I blink a few times. Trying to make  sense of the note.

That's when I hear the scream.

Yuu-chan's scream.

I'm out the door and already running to the building yuu was in. I find him aiming his sword at ferid's neck. His arm was badly injured. Which explained the scream.

Yuu looked notices me and looks towards me only for a moment. Ferid smirks and moves, running towards me with his sword drawn.

"MIKA!" yuu yells and jumps in front of me, taking the blow.

He coughs up blood and collapses to the ground.

"YUU!" I shout and kneel down next to him. Ferid smirks again, clearly pleased. He gets up and begins to walk away.

"I got you...Mika-kun" he states, and walks sassily away from the scene. I let him, for I had more important things to be worried about.

"Yuu, yuu!" I shake him, trying to wake him up. "Oh please wake up Yuu-chan!"

Tears sting my eyes and threaten to fall.

Yuu's eyes open enough so that I can see his emerald green eyes. They were different now though... They didn't shine as brightly as a few moments ago.

"M-mika..." Yuu chokes out, coughing up more blood in the process.

I place a finger over his lips to silence him. He looks at me, but nods weakly in response.

The next few moments were like a nightmare. But this nightmare was my life, and from it I could not wake.

Yuu takes a few more shudders breaths before closing his eyes once more.

"I-i..." He starts, but cuts himself off with a cough.

He opens his breathtaking eyes a bit and smiles weakly.

"I...love you...mika..." He manages before falling limp in my arms.

My eyes widen and I cling to the boy in my arms.

"Y-yuu-chan...!" I say his name in a mumble, shaking him gently as if he would open his eyes.

"Y-Yuu?!" I panic, my mind still not fully accepting the horrible truth that befell my family.

Tears cascade down my face and I scream out, while holding the boy in a tight embrace. "YUU-CHAN!!!"

I feel like a bad person for writing this, but I figured that you guys would want to know what happened.

Thanks to everyone for almost 800 views! The votes and comments always make my day!