Birthday Party

Mika's pov.

Yuu's birthday is tomorrow and I am literally panicking!

We had just started going out, but that's what makes this situation worse. I had never been in a relationship before and I had no idea what to get for someone I loved more that the entire world.

Yes, I know it sounds cheesy, but I'm being serious. Yuu means everything to me. He is what keeps me going on a regular basis. And in more ways than one, I am 100% dependent on his blood, and his affection for that matter.

Yuu had gone out with his friends for a birthday lunch. He has offered me to go but I refused, for many reasons.

1. I still needed to get him a gift.

2. It'd be really awkward since I am the only one who can't eat.

3. That shinoa girl really bugs me...

Anyways, I made up an excuse so that I wouldn't have to go with him and his friends.

~earlier~

"Mika! Cmon! It'll be fun!"

"No yuu. I already told you that I need to stay home."

"But whyyyyyy?! "

"So I can clean up the house without you dirtying it again."

"Hey! I'm not that much of a slob! There's hardly anything to clean!"

"I'm sorry, but have you looked in your room lately? It looks like a tornado came through!"

"........its not that bad.........."

"Go on and go to lunch yuu. I'll clean up while you're gone."

~end flashback~

Okay I admit, it was a bit cruel of me to tease him about his messy room, but its not like I had a choice. I need to buy him a present and clean the house to make my bluff believable.

I begin by straightening out the kitchen. Its probably the easiest room to do besides my own bedroom. (Which is spotless I'll have you know) I begin by doing all of the dishes in the sink, then drying them and putting them away. Afterwards, I wipe down the counters and the diningroom table, and finally, I straighten out the messy livingroom. Fixing the pillows on the couch, folding the blankets, and cleaning off the coffee table.

I smile at all of my work. 'There. Nice and tidy, like it should be.'

I glance at the clock and notice that it's only 12:34. That meant that I still have about an hour until Yuu-chan gets home.

I slip on my coat, and head outside.

Yuu's birthday is really close to Halloween, so there are already decorations hung up all over the town. Although Halloween is supposed to be fun, I just can't see what's so great about it. In all honesty, I find it insulting..

I'm not human anymore, and people go around wearing silly costumes of different people and monsters. And yes, those include vampires like me.

Yuu often tried to excite me about this Holliday, but I really just despise it, so I stay at home instead of going out with Yuu and his friends.

I reach the store and begin to look around. I want to find something that yuu-chan will treasure forever. Something special...

While I was thinking about it, I got a cake and some decorations for the party. The cake was a strawberry shortcake, which is yuu's favorite.

Okay, decorations, cake, now all I need is a present...

Although yuu and have known eachother since we were little, I had absolutely no idea what he would want. Sure we could read eachother like an open book at times, but during the vampire and human war, there was no way to buy anything for their birthday. There wasn't even really any spare time either...