How they met

Normal pov.

Yuu sat alone on a bench in the local park. He had finally gotten a day off if training, but he had nothing to do. Not that it was shocking to him of course. The raven haired boy didn't have, or really, didn't want any friends.

Kicking his feet back and forth as he sits, the young boy watches as a group of kids play on the playground equipment. After awhile though, a young boy with sparkling blue eyes had noticed him sitting alone and walked over to him.

"Hi! I'm Mikaela!" The blue eyed boy said with a friendly smile.

Yuu just turned away from the boy, not in the mood for socializing.

The blond haired boy puffed out his cheeks. "Aw cmon! I just wanted to say hello. "

The raven sighs and says to him. "Hi." Before returning to ignoring him.

The blond smiled lightly and sat down next to yuu. He was happy that he finally got an answer.

Yuu however, was not as pleased. He wanted to be alone on his day off of training, not bothered by anyone.

"What's your name?" Mika asks eagerly, trying to break the ice between himself and the raven haired boy next to him.

Yuu decided to comply and answer his questions, hoping that he would get bored and leave.

"I'm yuichiro." He responds flatly.

"Yuichiro huh..." the blond repeats. "Hm... that's too long. I'll call you yuu-chan!"

The green eyed boy flinches at this. 'yuu-chan' sounded too child like for him, so he retorts,

"Drop the 'chan'. Just call me Yuu if you want a nickname."

Mika pouts slightly at the boy's stubbornness, so he decides to be just as stubborn.

"Okay yuu-chan." He says with a laugh, his small fangs glistening in the sunlight.

Yuu notices this and narrows his eyes at the boy. "So you're a half vampire huh?"

Mika shuts his mouth quickly and looks at yuu. 'he noticed that quickly...?' he wonders to himself as he nods slowly in response.

"I see. Then you'd better leave." Yuu says finally, glad that he could end their conversation as quickly as it started.

Mika tilts his head curiously, "but why? I like talking to you yuu-chan."

The green eyed boy sighs, "I'm being trained to kill vampires like you. That's why."

The blond just shrugs. "Oh well, if we become friends, then you won't kill me."

Yuu narrows his eyes even further. "I don't need any friends. I do just fine on my own." And with that, he gets up and starts walkinf home.

Mika however, had other plans. He gently grabs ahold of yuu's wrist and keeps him from leaving.

"Why can't I be your friend? I know I'm a vampire... but I've never hurt anyone before.." tears well up in his eyes as he speaks. A sort of 'guilt trip' so to speak.

Yuu looks back at him and tries to keep a straight face. He didn't want to look upset that he had hurt the blond's feelings. He didn't want to look weak.

But the last thread snapped and he sighs. "I just don't want any friends." He says finally.

Mika blinks a few times. "But friends are good to have..." he tries to reason with yuu.

"I've never really gotten close to anyone my age before. So I guess it doesn't matter.." yuu responds.

The blue eyed vampire smiles. "Then I'll be your friend yuu-chan!"

The green eyed boy thinks about this for a moment. He had always wanted a friend, but he was too stubborn for his own good.

"I suppose...." he says quietly. "But don't get disappointed if I let you down."

Mika smiles brightly and hugged the raven haired boy. "Yay!!"

Yuu just blushes a bit in response. He had never been hugged before.

"Yuichiro!" A voice called from the park entrance. He looked back and saw shinya waving at him to come along.

"I have to go.." yuu says to the blond.

"Aw... okay yuu-chan! I'll see you around!" He responds and goes back to the playground.

Yuu smiles slightly to himself as he walked back home with shinya. 'i don't know why... but I have a very tingly feeling now that I have a friend...'

A few weeks later, school started up again and yuu and mika were in the same class. As fate would have it, the two boys became very close. For a vampire and a human that is, but they made it work.

They stuck together through all of their schooling, and even made time to play together on the days that yuu didn't have training.

It was no surprise that they eventually had deeper feelings for eachother, though neither of them would admit it, and it was those feelings that kept them together through everything...

Even death...

And that is how our two love birds met.
Sorry for the ending, I wasn't quite sure how to end this chapter, so I basically summed up what would happen in the future. 😅 Which is basically the whole Fanfiction...

Anyways, thank you blancana  for giving me this idea.