Chapter 7: Weak Truth

Andrew

      What is happening to me? I think I’m losing my freaking grip of senses. Today is Friday, and I don’t feel sane enough to party but I have to. This past few days had been full of confusion, and I don’t know what is going on; but I won’t let these stupid feelings and thoughts keep coming to my head. Butch has done something to me lately, I don’t know if it’s witchery or whatnot, but she’s… different. Different as in weird and comforting— she’s more likeable now. She’s still same old grumpy Butch however I find myself having a good time with her.

     After the “sleepover” I had with Olivia, I decided to stop my visits to Riley’s apartment. That punk is always there! It’s like a freaking Italian sausage bodyguard—all tough and buff—such a miracle he’s not from Jersey.

     I recall sleeping on the uncomfortable sofa, resting my wounded head on a sparkling decorated pink pillow. Anything before that, I can’t see it clearly— it’s still blurry. The last thing I saw before waking up was a brown wooden thing before I went into blackout. Sluggishly, my eyes squinted when the light of the day entered the cozy little living room; a loud yawn possessed my mouth while I slowly stretched my body. You know the usual waking up, but no, I had to be surprised by the “Situation”.

   Erectly, I sat up on the sofa and therefore, with a strained sight, I was able to see him, Tony. He was sitting in front of me with a suspicious look and a mug of coffee on his hands.

   “Morning, princess, “ he said between sips of his beverage.

    What the heck? Awkward…

   I quickly snatched the pink princess decorated sheets off of me and cleared my throat with a stuck out chest. I do not like this guy at all, I thought.

   “Who are you?” He asked with a stern look on his face.

   “Andrew,” I simply answered. Who he thinks he is? “Who are you?”

   “Tony,” he replied coldly and we both set mad glares to each other. This guy is no merry gay, he’s a tough beef and sure guards Riley’s back like a Rottweiler. “What are you doing here?”

   After he asked frowning at me, I lowly mumbled, “How do I explain this?” but nevertheless, I continued with coolness, “I was visiting Riley.”

  “And?”

  “Actually, I don’t remember very well. The last thing I saw was some books before the bang came and everything went black. So I don’t—wait, who the hell are you?”

   He abruptly went on his feet and I did the same. “No! Who the hell are you?!” he snarled back at me; every word came with a poke to my chest.

   “I already told you, Andrew Lukewood! Who are you and what the hell are you doing here?” I may be less muscular but I ain’t no sweet kid to fool around. Remember, mad Andrew is worse than Hulk and Thor together.

   “Well, Andrew Lukewood, I’m Tony Piazza. Riley’s best friend and I’m always around here. But this is the first time I see you here. Now, pal, you got three seconds to tell me why you slept in here.”

   He narrowed his eyes and I rudely mimicked him before answering, “I’m Riley’s boyfriend.”

   I proudly smirked when Tony released his jaw and seemed startled. Didn’t expected that one coming, didn’t ya?

   “Riles!” he shouted all the sudden.

  “Could you please hurry up, Olivia? Or Rudolph will walk the plank! ” Riley appeared out of the blue. She closed Olivia’s room door and dashed to where Tony and I stood. “What?” She snapped grumpily at Tony.