Chapter 15: Lies and Other Agonies

|Andrew|

   The sweet luster that gleamed onto her rosy skin made my heart convulse in a sugarcoated agony. To see the ring—I gave her in Maui—glittering, made me feel hopeful and encouraged. But maybe she doesn’t even remember that she’s still wearing the ring I gave her. Nope, nope, she doesn’t. Then why did I do that?

    That question had a simple answer. Because I love her; and I wanted to do something… something that I shouldn’t even think about it. It’s too soon. Too soon to even think or hope that she could love me or even like me. That was the truth that enfolded my insane reason.

    I almost lost it.

    I almost kissed her against her will… against my morals. I should be ashamed of myself but I’m not. I should be… but I did enjoy the few seconds that I had with her skin. For me it lasted forever. I still feel the softness of her skin glued at my lips; I still feel my lips gliding down to her trembling throat, neck; I still feel her lips quivering and unsure; I still see her shocked and blanked look across her face.

    Not long after my recollection of this morning, my phone went off annoyingly while I sauntered through my university’s halls. I halted my walk and leaned against the nearest concrete wall to pull out my phone.

    Pizza Ninja Calling…

     I chuckled at the weird and strange bromance Tony and I had been developing this past month. “Tony,” I answered the call with a stiffed laugh.

    “Pizza hater, I just want to inform you that I don’t like Barbie man. He came to Alexis’ apartment this morning and I just don’t like it. He’s too pretty to be man,” besides Tony’s rigid voice, I could hear tires screeching and cars honking.

    “Pretty? Are you gay? There’s nothing wrong, man, I kind of knew it—you’re really obvious—but if you like him, I could set you guys—“

    “Shut the hell up! I’m informing you this crap to tell you that you better watch for Riley—Barbie seems like a player.”

    “Really?” I pretended disbelief, “Well I’m—dude, are you driving or something?”

    “Riding,” he corrected me harshly.

    “Right, um, never mind. But how do you even saw him there?”

    “Well, you stupid dumb waste, I always take Olivia to school and to eat. And I was there early—as always—and saw Barbie talking to Alexis and he said Riley spent the night at his house—is that true, Andrew? How could you let this Barbie take Riley—“

    “He lives in my house, you piece of rotten pizza,” I interrupted him while other students filled the hall and started to make noise.

   “Anyways, Olivia misses you. And don’t think that I’m doing this for you. This is for Riley and I don’t like you at all!” Tony said with a serious tone.

     “Uh, yeah, sure, Tony, I hate you too.” Click!

    “What? The dumb pooch hung up on me?! Ha! You must be kidding me,” I told the air—which was listening to my conversation and spying me carefully.

    I stared a couple of microsecond at the screen. The picture I took with Riley at our “first date” was my background. She was damn pissed. It’s my dirty little secret… and yet I can’t stop smiling every time I see her and the comical side of our “relationship”.