Chapter 26- Karaoke

Chapter 26- Karaoke

I am about to press my lips against Dylan's. My mind is going crazy and freaking out and my heart is pounding so loud I can hear it in my ears.

"Dylan? Maya?" A voice says behind Dylan.

I squeal and push Dylan away from me causing him to fall onto the sand. Talk about anticlimax.

I sigh, I was so close. I should have just kissed him. I wanted to save the moment. If I knew this would happen I would have just done it without the whole staring into his eyes and- Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Can't I just fricking kiss him?

Dylan stands up, frowning. "Sorry to disturb your little moment but I wanted to know if you guys wanted to sing or listen to the karaoke..." Jennefer says. She looks jealous that Dylan was going to kiss me.

I sigh, "I'll just watch because I'm solely a professional shower singer." I state, walking towards the area where the rest of the students are.

"Who is going first?" Ryan says, standing on a raised platform that was placed as a make shift stage. He is shirtless and a few girls are gawking at his body.

A few people go and after a while Dylan stands up, "Listen guys, I suck at singing but I'm going sing anyway. It's dedicated to a beautiful girl that I've gotten really close to in these last few weeks. Maya, my princess." Dylan says and winks at me then chuckles.

My heart starts beating really fast. He called me beautiful. He called me his princess. Dylan wraps his hand around the microphone.

He starts singing Perfect by Ed Sheeran. "Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time. Darling, just kiss me slow. Your heart is all I own, and in your eyes you're holding mine." I close my eyes and smile.

Dylan jumps off the platform once the song ends, and girls swoon and stare at him. He actually has an amazing voice. "What did you think, nerd?" Dylan asks. I laugh, "Really, you still calling me nerd?"    

Dylan chuckles, "Of course, you'll always be my nerd." He whispers. I roll my eyes and smile again.

Wow, I wish I was talented. The only thing I'm good at is watching Netflix and reading on Wattpad because free books? Hell yeah!

"If life was a toilet, you'd be the shit." I say.

"Oh, you want to play that game? Okay, if life was an ass, you'd be a fart." Dylan says.

I laugh, "If life was a face, you'd be a pimple."

"If life was a white van, you'd be the 'free candy' sign." Dylan says. Ha, that was pretty good.

"If life was a chest, you'd be the hair." I say. I'm sorry but people with really hairy chests are gross. No offence to the people that have a hairy chest.

"If life was a dumpster, you'd be the trash." Dylan says. Oh, its on like Donkey Kong.

"If life was a man, you'd be the dick." I say.

Dylan and I both laugh, "How romantic." Dylan says, still laughing.

"Always." I say and do an over exaggerated hair flip.

I sigh and sit down on the sand in front of the platform, "I'm tired, Dylan." I say and yawn. It's already past ten thirty. Dylan sits down next to me and I lie down on his lap, shutting my eyes.

He strokes his fingers through my hair as someone goes up and sings Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright.

---

Qotd: "We accept the love we think we deserve."
- Stephen Chbosky

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG