Not Safe After All

Chapter Five

(Not Safe After All)

River had barely finished his morning laps in the pool when he noticed his mother walking towards him. He noticed the woman’s walk wasn’t casual. It was direct and looked almost official. A feeling of dread entered his stomach.

“Mother.”

“I have decided to invite some of the ladies from last night to join us here Sunday afternoon.” Kendra announced.

“You want me to choose which girl’s you should invite?” River asked almost annoyed.

“No. I want you to be aware we will be having guests on Sunday.”

“Wait I don’t get any say?” River asked concerned.

“Don’t worry, Trevor is looking out for you. He did make a few suggestions on your behalf. One he even suggested grudgingly but knew you found her attractive.”

“Will you at least tell me who you’re inviting?”

“I suppose I could but that would spoil the surprise.” Kendra taunted. “Don’t worry I’m having Hunter, Drew, Dustin and Harper join you as well.”

“Can I at least know how many you are inviting?” River asked annoyed.

“Eight.” With that the redhead walked away.

“Perfect. Just perfect.” He grumbled and climbed out of the pool. Walking over to a towel rack he grabbed a towel and dried himself off. The brown haired man guessed his brother had probably suggested the girls he’d mentioned to his mother. He could only hope she’d comply. Wrapping a towel around himself he headed inside.

Trevor stood watching out the second floor bedroom window as his mother informed River some of the ladies would be returning on Sunday. He knew River wouldn’t like it but had suggested it so his mother could have a little time with each of the ladies that seemed a good match. In truth it was so Tori and his mother would meet. The dinner had been so full of Alpha’s and people Lady Kendra had met very few women and spoken only a word or two to all but two of them. Two had ended up at his parents table. He knew his mother would be inviting one of those two girls back.

Trevor wanted to make sure his mother got a chance and to not make it obvious suggested she bring a few girls back so she could spend time with them and also suggested River’s friends attend; saying it would make things more comfortable. At first the woman was going to decline until Trevor reminded her of a girl named Coleen that had put on such a show that everyone almost didn’t find out what she was really like. If his mother had actually spent time with some of the girls Kendra would have seen through the facade.Almost instantly Trevor’s mother changed her mind and agreed.

The dark blue eyed man had told his mother any names River had mentioned. He’d even grudgingly told her about Franchesca. Kendra had immediately caught on he didn’t like her. When she asked Trevor had been more than happy to tell her what he though. He’d also taken the time to throw Tori’s name into her head; mentioning she could be River’s Nancy. The redhead had simply nodded and then left to inform River about Sunday.

Trevor glanced over at the clock. It was only a few hours before it would be time to get Nancy and Teresa from the airport. He’d called her and upon telling her about the diner and a few of the girls Nancy had decided to come a week early, delighting her husband. Trevor knew his wife would be fair but also look for faults with the girls. She was also close to his mother and could help her see which ones were bad ideas. Pleased, he headed off to the airport.