Journey to the King

Chapter 21

(Journey to the King)

Tori sat quietly as the Limo drove toward the airport. Prince Renzo and his men were the only ones with her. She didn't know where Logan was but she didn't really care though either.

River weighed heavily on her mind. This was the second time in less than a week she'd been taken away from him; but this time was different. She wasn't being taken because of a rival lord; this time she was being taken because of an ex-boyfriend.

Hearing a whimper Tori looked down at the puppy in her lap. Athena rubbed Tori's hand with her muzzle and then licked it. "I love you too Athena."

She smiled as the pup as it sat up and gave a playful bark. Tori laughed and scratched the white puppy's ears. "Good girl." Having Athena made her feel better. She might not be able to have River with her at least she had a gift from his heart; it meant the world to her.

"How old is your pup?" Prince Renzo inquired having been watching the kind display between the woman and her pet.

"9 weeks," Tori said pleased.

"She's very attached to you for such a young pup," A man with brown hair that ended a couple inches above his shoulders.

"Athena's smart," Tori replied. "Protective too. She attacked my dad's shoe when he threw me in the pool."

"Warner attacked by a puppy; that would've been a sight to see," A man with short red hair cut like the Campbell soup boy's remarked.

"It was, especially when she growled at him." Tori giggled remembering how funny it had been to see her father in a face-off with her puppy.

The blonde woman became quiet for a moment and then finally asked what she'd been reluctant to ask. "What exactly is going to happen?" Tori asked the question still looking at Athena but then raised her head to watch the prince answer.

"We are headed to the airport where we will board a private plane to Germany," Prince Renzo began. Tori nodded; she knew they were headed to an airport. "Once we arrive in Germany you will be taken to Moon Shadow; Wolf Castle. You will be allowed a short period of time to freshen up and then I'm sure King Landon will want to meet with you. After that I suppose it will depend on what King Landon decides."

"Ruff!" Athena barked and gave the woman a playful swat with her paw. The blonde woman giggled. "Anyone tell him I'm bringing a puppy?"

"If they have it would not be by any of us," Prince Renzo replied. "Whether or not Logan has I could not answer."

"Are my parents meeting us at the airport?"

"Tori, your parents are allowed to come to Moon Shadow but they may not be permitted to travel with you." Seeing the woman looked less than pleased he added, "I am not refusing them Miss Rhodes. I simply do not know if High Prince Logan plans to make other arrangements for them."

"I don't understand any of this," She replied and leaned back in her seat. "How can he even attempt to ....What was it? Claim me?"

"This is where it is unfortunate that you have been kept away from pack affairs," The curly brown haired prince replied. "There are rules and there are permissible lengths of time where some claims may be recognized. You fall into such a category."

"I haven't...."

"No, but you are within the time limit." The prince sighed. He knew this wasn't fair to her or River as he was well aware of what they'd just been through. "I know this is not easy for you and it will likely not get any better until a finalized decision is made. I regret there is little I can do to help you."