Unexpected Visitor

Chapter 1

(Unexpected Visitor)

Tori walked her department making sure things were ready for yet another add. She checked her clip board and not seeing a couple dresses pictured in the flyer headed for the stock room. The blonde woman knew the dresses were there but wanted to know exactly where they were so she could quickly switch them out in the morning.

The girl was sore from five days of training in a row but it didn’t bother her as badly as it had in the beginning. She walked through the back door and quickly reached her area of the stock room. Carefully she looked her area over and walking around to the side found Sandy had hung all the dresses up on a roll rack for her.

“Thank you Sandy,” She said out loud; a wide smile on her face. Pleased she checked them off.

Satisfied everything was in order the blonde woman left the stock room and began going over her signs. Armed with the next days’ add, she returned to the sales floor. Section by section Tori checked to make sure she had enough signs for each sales rack.

The last thing Tori wanted to do before the store opened in the morning was rush to make more signs. Everyone always ended up coming up short on signs, causing a major backup at the copy machine. The green eyed girl would happily like to avoid that scenario.

She was just finishing in the junior’s department when she noticed a group of men, wearing suits, standing just inside the dress department. While it wasn’t unusual to see someone shopping there wearing a suit, it was odd to see four men standing together in the dress section.

The blonde woman stopped her count and jotting down a note to herself she walked over to where the four men were standing with their backs to her. One of the men wore an ivory colored suit and had curly dark brown hair in a low pony tail. Two other men stood on either side of him wearing black suits an additional man in a navy blue suit was off to the side but clearly with the other men.

“Can I help you find something?” Tori offered.While unusual to see men standing in the dress department it wasn’t farfetched. She’d helped several men find a dress for their wife or girlfriend in the past.

The blonde woman watched as the men turned to face her. As the man in the Ivory suit turned to face her, it was became obvious the man was of mixed Hispanic and Caucasian descent. The moment he and the men with him turned however, she knew they weren’t human. Tori had never paid attention to who was or wasn’t human in the past. Once she’d become a potential for River however, she began to pay attention.

“Looking for a dress for your wife or girlfriend?” The blonde woman inquired.

The man in the ivory suit gave an amused smile. “A dress is not what I’m looking for.”

“Is there something else I can help you find?”

“I believe you already have.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You really are a very pretty girl,” The man in the ivory suit commented. Tori watched him cautiously.

“Thank you,” Tori said. She didn’t know why but she felt uneasy about the man before her.

“Forgive me we haven’t been properly introduced. Although you did meet some of my men the other day.” Tori looked at him a moment and then understood. “Aw. I see you do pay attention.”

“Is there something I can help you with Lord Salazar?” Tori was calm but was not pleased to see her future father in law’s enemy at her work.