Chapter 2 - You're not a part of the family

Chapter 2 – You’re not a part of the family

The past few days seemed unfortunate on my side of life. It’s been 5 days since my first shift, and I was still adjusting to the new… state that my body had just undergone a few nights ago.

This week was like a blur, but a lot of events had gone by which I wasn’t much aware may happen to me. That night that Jessica had confessed some of the information she knows about werewolves—us, all I did was sit there in silence trying to take it all in. I still have the feeling that she didn’t tell me all—she already knows that I was experiencing a new situation that I myself didn’t know I would be in my whole life.

The first thing that she acknowledged me of after the ‘You’re a werewolf’ thing, was mates. She didn’t really tell me much about that topic. All she said was that I needed to find my ‘other half’ soon so that he could protect me from all the other males because I’ll be endure a goddamn heat for the whole month through. I’ll be like a honey attracting drones, as of the real life, I’ll be intoxicating all to the male werewolves around me… if I don’t find my mate soon… let’s say I’ll suffer that consequences. Right now, I’ll be under Jessica’s care just as soon as I found mine.

She said that whoever my mate will be, I am sure to have one. I don’t have a choice because we have been chosen to be together since we were born—hence, we will be life-partners. She made it sound romantic, just because she found hers… which is her boyfriend Daniel, who the whole time was a werewolf as well. Who knew that this town was filled with werewolves the whole time?

I was quite jealous of Jessica and Daniel. Maybe that was the reason that they had been together the whole time!

The next day which was Saturday, I built up my confidence and finally found the courage to speak to my parents regarding the werewolf topic. Jessica told me that you’ll know a werewolf when you see one. Maybe my parents were too preoccupied at work to notice that I’ve had my first change.

And so, I stayed up late all night—waiting for them to come home so that I could finally speak to them. When they finally arrived, late in the middle of the night, I have determined their scents—they’re no werewolves… they’re just plain humans.

I just stood there in shock as I looked at them pass by me and head to their own room to take some sleep. They only murmured a small order for me to go back to bed, thanking me for staying up and waiting for them.

As I finally connected the dots, I ended up breaking down and locking myself into my room as different thoughts swarmed inside my head. If they aren’t werewolves… then how did I become one? Was the vodka that strong that it made me pass out in a coma and maybe I’m probably dreaming now!

I locked myself at my bedroom the next whole day. My actions got my parents alarmed and they were infuriating when they barged into my bedroom. They were scolding me for being such an irresponsible girl and not attending school for my own personal problems. But that’s when all my emotions filled me up and I burst.

“You never really cared about me!” I yelled, finally breaking into tears. My parents looked taken back of what I just had told them, staring at me with wide eyes. “Tell me… did you even treat me as your own daughter? NEVER!”

“Never question how we raise you, young lady” my father said, sternly. Staring directly into my eyes with his heated gaze,

“But you never did” my voice was low, merely a whisper. “Am I even your daughter?”

Their looks were now replaced with anxiety. Their eyes dropped down and their gazes landed on the floor. My mother was now playing with her fingers, nervously. My father sighed in frustration and clutched my mother’s hand, reassuringly. They exchanged worried glances while I just stood there, staring at them with my teary eyes. Tears were streaming down my cheeks incessantly while they stood there, preparing themselves for some serious explanation.

“Y-you’re not our real daughter” my mother stammered, suddenly breaking into faint sobs as she covered her face with both of her hands. My father placed a hand on her back, rubbing soothing circles with his hand. “We—we cannot acquire any child, because your father was barren. And so we needed to adopt a child so that someday will take over the company”

“So you adopted me so that someone can manage that dumb company of yours?!” I inquired, my voice reaching a few octaves. So they never loved me? They needed an heir to their company that’s why they adopted me!

“N-no!” my parents said at the same time.

“I knew it” I said quietly. Turning to look at them, “Would you still accept me as your own daughter if I am different?” I questioned, deep inside me was wishing that they’ll accept me as a werewolf.

“What kind of different, honey?” my mother asked, sniffing and rubbing her nose with her sleeves after the question.

Finally finding the courage to shift in front of their eyes, I called to my wolf and she slowly barged through the barriers. I fell to the ground in less pain before than my first shift—that was because I was shifting every night recently, I enjoyed it somehow. My white fur sprouted out of my skin and my head angled to those of a wolf. A snout took place of my nose and my teeth elongated and turned to canines. My body grew and tore my clothes apart, ripping them to shreds and let the pieces of cloth fall into the floor.

I heard my parents stifled a gasp of shock. I shook my body and barked at them, wagging my tail to show that I was friendly. My mother clutched her chest and fell to the ground like she was in pain. My father clutched her slowly falling body into the ground. Changing back into my human form and rushed into my walk-in closet and clothed myself in random clothes. Running back to my parents, all I could do was stare in shock as my tears began to well up from my eyes.

“Wake up, honey” my father shook my mother’s limp body in his arms. I covered my mouth with both of my hands and cried at the scene before me. “Leave” my father said, sternly. “You are not welcome here anymore. Get out before I kill you like you did to your mother”

I was dumbfounded, but complied and packed all my things and headed to Jessica for sanctuary. Hopping on my Chevrolet, I turned the keys to ignotion and drove to her house. I just killed my mother with shock, and my father threw me out.