Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Nathan held on my wrists firmly, as he tugged me towards his car. “Where are we going?” I asked, smiling slightly at his sense of impatience. He was like a child that wanted to get a balloon.

“Just sit back and relax, will you?” the smirk that was currently on his lips made me certain that he was up to something. He opened the door to the passenger seat beside me and I entered, slumping down the leather seat of his Camaro.

“Is this another surprise?” I inquired, raising my eyebrows at him while feeling my smile go wider. He closed the door to my side and jogged towards the driver’s seat. Slumping down the passenger seat while inserting and turning the key into ignition, he looked at me with a smile.

“It is. But, frankly, don’t ask or do anything for me to tell you, because I certainly ain’t going to tell you” he told me, knowing that I will, sooner or later, ask and beg for him to tell me.

I pressed my lips into a thin line, my eyebrows met as I crossed my arms giving him my annoyed look. “How many times do I have to tell you that I hate surprises?” I questioned.

“And how many times do I have to tell you that you are about to get as many surprises as long as I live?”

“Don’t mean that you’ll be giving me one of those annoying surprises of yours everyday!” I exclaimed, not able to hide the smile that was forming on my lips as I smacked him in the arm, playfully, while he applied his safety belt.

“I’m afraid so” he shrugged while he stepped into the gas and began to drive to the main road.

“I hate you” I said, giggling.

“Not to serious about it, are we?” he continued to spare glances at me, immediately dragging his eyes back on the road. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

What is he up to now?

NATHAN

She remained silent after the conversation we had, she just looked out into the window of the car, watching whatever objects may pass by. I don’t know if she’ll like this surprise or not, but I have the feeling that I need to get them to make up somehow. There was this nagging feeling inside me that I can’t defy.

After a few minutes of driving, we reached the house of her parents. I got a few details from Jessica about the house that Marquis had lived previously. I looked at Marquis to see that she was heavenly asleep.

I sighed as I watched her, hear her soft snores. I placed a hand on her shoulder and began to shake her to wake up. “Marquis” I called, softly. “We’re here”

She began to stir and fluttered her eyes open, yawning wildly while looking out into the window. When she saw that we are here, she looked at me questioningly. “Why are we here?” she asked, her voice quite annoyed.