Chapter 11 - Serious Confessions and Commitment

I was trying my best to ignore the topic about my dream. I am not quite in the mood to talk about it. And since a few nights had gone by, I did share a few conversations with Nathan, though when it comes to the topic of him asking me what had happened the night when I was having a nightmare… I just kept quiet and remained silent upon my seat, refusing to talk to him about it.

He was trying to find a way to get me to open up to him, and he isn’t giving up no matter how hard I tried much to ignore that topic. We eventually got close from the past few days. Each and every time when he could, he would sneak up on me and steal a few kisses. He was practically taking advantage of the triumph the boys had on the volleyball event at the beach. Each time, he would pull me into his arms and kiss me on the lips, but no matter how much I tried to pull away, I melted into his arms unwillingly and began to kiss him back.

I started to learn more about werewolves, shifting and other topics that are involved. I got angry when Nathan told the principal—who was a werewolf as well—to give me a week vacation so that I could adjust to the new circumstances and conditions on being a werewolf. I never knew about but it until they said that all who just turned will normally receive a week vacation so that they can learn to control their wolf’s dire needs, like the need to shift more often so that their body can adjust to the pain from the transformation of human body to wolf form.

Nathan and I grew close from the following days. Little by little, I can feel the bond growing stronger, the pull that I felt towards seem to give me uncontrollable urges and dire needs, which, I could not defy. Even Nathan could not resist me when I came to his sight, either he will take me into his arms or crash his soft lips on mine with the obvious sign of urgency. He even grew quite possessive of me, never letting any other male look at me with a single glance—literally—or he’ll punch them on the face. I was still enduring heat, but then it is about to disappear by the next full moon—which, I suppose, is actually tonight.

As Jessica informed me, the only way in order for those intimate urges to die down, we have to mate during or before the full moon or both our wolves will take over and do it themselves. I can’t help but swallow the lump forming on my throat at that thought.

But then, as these past few days seemed to go by in a flash, the sorrow for the loss of my adoptive mother seemed to take a heavy place upon my heart, giving me some sort of thoughts and the desire to go back and tell my father how sorry I am. Though without his forgiveness, I needed to inform him, somehow, of how I feel. In that way, the burden of my feelings will lighten, even a bit.

I was currently sitting on the bench, facing the forest. Looking out into the garden, I watched as the butterflies jumped from flower to flower, fluttering their colorful wings while gliding into the air. The birds’ chirps mingled among the trees’ heavy rustling, definitely caused by the soothing breeze that blew softly in the air.

I stared down at the daisy on my hands, tracing the soft, velvety petals using the tips of my finger. With a loud sigh, I began to pluck the petals off each from the stem, letting all the silk-like petals to be carried away by the wind from my palm. I heard some footsteps ringing in my ears as the patch of grasses harshly was stepped on. Someone was here.

“Marquis” a low, husky voice called behind me. I smiled knowingly and tilted my head to the side, slowly looking up at a pair of glinting silver eyes. It was quite unbelievable how our fast little relationship grew within the few short fays. I, myself, couldn’t even get to believe. It’s a werewolf thing, I suppose.