Chapter 5 - Whew!

Chapter 5 – Whew!

Marquis’ POV

 I sat on the bed of Nathan’s bedroom, groaning. Not because of pain—but because he forbids me on going out of the room. Why you ask? Even though he doesn’t tell me, I know why.

 Boys

 Freaking goddamn boys!

 But he denied his annoyance and jealousy. All he said was stay in the room while he go get something to put in my head.

 I stared at the television screen, not really paying attention to the episode that was ongoing. I let myself lean against the soft, fluffy pillow to relax. Throwing my head back, I stared at the ceiling—watching a small fly hover around the small fluorescent bulb that lit up Nathan’s room.

 Talking about his room… he had the modern-contemporary type of design. A very nice king-sized bed was pushed against the wall, embroidered with soft and fluffy pillows and a warm, cuddly blanket. A small living room was placed by the other side of the room—composed of a set of cream-white couches and a coffee table. A large LCD screen television was placed above the cabinet, facing the bed.

 He had one luxurious bedroom—that’s my comment.

 There was suddenly a loud grumbling sound. I looked down at my stomach, it was growling impatiently. I’m hungry. I sighed, what’s taking him too long? I crossed my arms impatiently and sat up straight, hauling my feet off the bed and placing them down on the floor.

 I got my arms to my side as support and began tapping my right foot, impatiently. I was still on the same outfit as he dragged me in into his room. And you know what he told me? It was his shirt and boxers. Unfortunately, I left my bag at Jessica’s house so she told me she’ll go and get it. When I asked if I could come, Nathan growled and so I was forced to stay here in the pack house.

 My stomach growled for the tenth time. Ugh! That’s it.

 I began to leave his room, closing the door behind me in a tight shut. I trotted down the hall and ventured through the numerous hallways—following the scent of the heavenly smell of cooking. I didn’t know where to go actually, my only source of point was the smell.

 As I walked, I came face to face with the girl from the meeting room who I assumed was Zoe. She had a blond hair that was straight as a ruler and her bangs were strangled in front of her eyes—cut in an evenly manner. She was fair with a pair of luscious lips. That’s when I noticed that she was wearing a tank top, very small and tight for my liking—paired with denim shorts, barely covering her ass.

 I crinkled my nose in disgust as she placed a hand on her hip, cocking it to the side. She swept her bangs out of her face, revealing a set of piercing silver eyes and smirked at me.

 “You’re Nathan’s mate, huh?”  I looked at her in confusion as her question came with a very obvious answer. “Well, I’m telling you to back off now, bitch” she mustered the word so hard she almost spat on my face.

 I crossed my arms over my chest, “Give me a reasonable explanation why” my brows furrowed while she circled me like a predator—her eyes raking up and down my body, making me feel self-conscious.

 “First” she snapped her fingers in front of my face, making me cringe away from the noise. “I’m prettier” she stopped in front of me and crossed her arms over her chest “Second—Nathan’s mine”

 I rolled my eyes at her, “That’s not reasonable enough” I snapped.

 “Then what you gonna do about it?”