Chapter 8 - This is a start

This is the longest chapter that I've written so far. I am trying to make it slow because things are happening to fast as I've observed. So below, read and find out! Please comment, this time I will be requiring just about 10 votes and above to continue! Thank you for your support.

Credits for 'CrimsonMoonlight' for the cover and BeautifullyTalented for the other.

PRESS THE EXTERNAL LINK FOR MARQUIS' OUTFIT!

~*~*~*~*~

I rummaged through my bag of clothes and pulled out my favorite music life tee, a dark stitch short made out of tobacco, my white matching high-heeled stilettos in which I placed inside the bag while fleeing the house and my favorite white cashmere beret. I pulled out my matching white ‘Fendi’ purse and quickly skipped out of Nathan’s walk-in closet and skidded back into his room with a smile on my face.

I might as well be happy somehow, cherish this moments that I feel now.

As always, he was reading… something and guess what?! He’s crying! Oh god, he’s crying! My smile faltered at the sight of him, replaced by a weird look that I myself couldn’t believe I was plastering across my face. But then a warm, cheery smile spread across my lips—and it is not because I was happy on seeing him cry, but because it is a very rare occasion to see a man do so.

I cleared my throat and he instantly look up at me and wiped his tears away, “M-marquis, what are you doing here?” he asked, standing from the edge of his duvet and scampering up on his feet.

I looked at him, weirdly. “What am I doing here?” I began sauntering towards him, “I thought you’ll take me out” I said, obviously. He looked embarrassed, and I smirked with amusement.

“Right…” he scratched his nape and smiled at me, sheepishly. “Come on, then” he held his arm out for me and I gladly accepted it, snaking my arm around his. We began to walk towards the exit of his room,

“What were you reading?” I asked, leaning over to catch glimpse of the book that he had placed between his knuckles, but he instantly hid it behind his back.

“N-nothing, really” he stammered, shaking his head dismissively, trying to make his recent act nothing. But to me it’s something,

“You were crying” I told him and what did he just do? Wave his hand at me dismissively, like trying to get rid of the topic

“That’s nothing, forget about it”

I crossed my arms over my chest stubbornly and stopped at my tracks, unwinding my arms around his. He immediately felt my move and looked back at me with an annoyed smile. “Tell me”

“You aren’t really going to stop until you get what you want, will you?” he said, crossing his muscled arms over my chest and mimicking my position. His muscles flexed, making him look…hotter. I shook my thoughts away and looked back at his eyes. “Fine” he finally agreed, bringing the book out of his back and showing it to me. “I was reading ‘The Last Song’” he placed the book in front of my face and I smiled up at him, “There, happy?” he asked, sighing.