Chapter 4 - 'My Possessive Werewolf Alpha Mate'

“He’ll be in the meeting room in precisely 10 minutes and he told me to get you there necessarily before he arrives” she tapped the screen of her watch and made her way towards me.

“What?!” I looked at her in shock, “Now?!”

“Yes!” she pulled my arm out of bed and dragged me through the halls, passing numerous doors in the process. I must admit that this place is pretty huge, I’ll never get used to it. After merely 5 minutes of dragging and pulling, Jessica and I came forward to two, large double doors. She straightened her top and pulled the door open with it creaking in protest.

She smiled at me, reassuringly and nudged my arm for me to enter. I was quite anxious, and spotting that the room was actually filled with a large number of people, my nervousness intensified and my stomach began doing flips.

I was only wearing the oversized, beige t-shirt and red boxers. Quite not appropriate for this kind of event. I began to step back when Jessica’s arm found mine and she lead me through the chairs. I received different looks from the people all around me and I instantly felt self-conscious.

I can clearly see the males struggling to keep themselves on their seats as my scent waft off to their noses. I reminded myself that I am currently enduring heat. I guess there are negative and positive consequences on joining a pack. I’ll have to remind myself to keep away from all the other males just as I found my mate like Jessica said, after all, she experienced what I was going through—she’s a month older than me after all!

I shifted uncomfortably on my seat as I felt the boys’ heated stare—filled with lust and desire. Jessica growled at them warningly and they all turned to look at anything else, but a minute after… they dragged their eyes back to me. Jessica sighed and sat on the chair next to me, placing her elbows on the table while resting her chin on her hand.

“Jessica! Hands off the table!” a woman scolded, Jessica jerked in response and sat up straight on her chair, fixing her posture. But after a while, she let her eyes drop and slumped down her shoulders—looking tired.

“Where’s Daniel?” I asked her, merely a whisper—leaning close into her ear.

“He’s out to fetch the alpha—he’s beta after all” she answered with a shrug, then immediately shutting her mouth close. I nodded my head and leaned back on the chair, sighing while rubbing the painful side of my forehead.

After waiting for approximately 15 minutes of boredom, the door banged open and Daniel came marching in. His eyes raked through the crowd and smiled sheepishly as soon as his eyes found Jessica’s. He walked towards our direction and sat on the chair next to Jessica, kissing her cheeks in the process. After a few seconds, another boy walked in.

He had a gelled-up brown hair, full pink lips, piercing silver eyes and a very nice masculine body. He had a nice six-pack under his tight beige shirt—I must admit. He had a smirk plastered across his luscious lips and his eyes were gleaming with happiness. There are two words to describe him… breath-taking and absolutely intoxicating. I found it quite weird to find him smelling good.

I never realized I was drooling until Jessica snapped me out of my thoughts and brought me back to reality. A blush crept on my cheeks as soon as I found myself staring to long on his body. I was embarrassed thoroughly, so I kept my head down and hid my flushed cheeks under my brown hair.