Lanas POV

I walked up the porch to the door. Behind this door could lead me to Emilee. I knocked a couple times before a man around 35 with dark short thick hair that had a scar down his fore head and was wearing a grey shirt and jeans and combat boots with dog tags opened the door and smiled at me.
"You must be Lana! I'm Turner, as Markus probably told you." He said and extended his hand. We shook.
"Uh.. Yes." I said and smiled back.
"I was actually going to lunch would you care to join me?" He asked shutting his front door.
"Sure what did you have in mind?" I asked following him to a black jeep that had the shell off.
"How bout a dinner called Tia's?" He asked while opening the passenger door for me.
"Sure why not." I said and got in. He closed the door then got in and started the jeep. We drove in silence and when we arrived I noticed that it was a small town dinner. That had old fashion signs in the windows. How cute! I thought to myself. We walked in and an old woman that had on a dark blue shirt with the words 'Tia's Dinner' in green came up to us.
"Oh! Turner I have not seen you in here in a while!" She said hugging him.
"Nice to see you too Tia!" He said and pulled away. The dinner wasn't that crowded had a couple in a booth on one side, a group of teenagers, then a lady that was in a booth that had the menu in her face, facing the door in the back. She had a dog in a orange vest laying next to her on the ground.
"Just go ahead and find yourself a place to sit! I'll be back for your order I have to get something." She said going to the back. He led us over to a booth along the wall he sat facing the back and I sat facing the door.
"So..... Is there anything you can help me with?" I asked clasping my hands together over the table.
"Depends what would you like to know?" He asked cocking his head and clasping his hands.
"Are you friends or anything with her?" I asked. He thought about his answer.
"Well...... As it so happens I do know her. But there is a limit of what I can and can't tell to you." He said leaning back. Just then Tia came up with two waters.
"Thank you. I think we need another minute to decide what we want." He said with a smile. She just nodded and went back to work. I looked back to him and reached for my cup but ended up knocking off the table. I got on the ground with some napkins and for some reason looked to the lady in the back of the dinner. I gasped. She looked right at me and quickly got up and her dog followed her she went out what I presumed to be the back door.
  I stood up and looked at Turner. He had his fingers on his forehead as if he was mentally scolding some one.
"Did you see her? That was Emilee!" I said. He looked up.
"Yes. You may want to go after her." He said guestering towards the back. I grabbed my purse and did what he said. I ran out of the cafe to see her heading towards a white ford pick up.
"EMILEE!!" I yelled.
She turned around. I looked at her face to see that she was crying.
"WHAT!?" She screamed.
"I want to talk to you!" I yelled back I stopped walking.
She looked at her dog then to me.
"No." She said. And went to get in her truck.
"Please you owe me that my-" she turned back to me and cut me off.
"No! I owe you nothing! I left and went to basic trading and then as soon as I was out I got deployed on a world tour! Came back fell in love with a man k thought I might marry only for us both to me deployed again and the first week we were fighting he died in my arms! I got shot three times just trying to get him to safety! My dog got shot and survived! But I was not afraid of any of that thou I should have!!! I was not as scared as I am right now! Please just let me leave!" She screamed now crying hard and got in and started it and drove away. I just stood there stunned. I had no idea of what to do.
"Lana." I heard a voice behind me. I turned around now crying to see Turner standing there with his hands in his pockets.
"Y-you you knew?" I asked already knowing his answer. He sighed and looked at the ground then to me. He just nodded and walked to me.
"She wanted to see you even if it meant you not seeing her. She misses you but she just told you why she didn't want you to see her." He said and scratched the back of his neck.
"You were there the whole time?" I scrunched my eyebrows.
"Yes. If you want to see her again go to the police station and ask for Officer Blake. Then tell you yellow and she'll know what to do." He said shifting his weight from his left to right leg.
"Take me back to your house so I can." I said walking back through the dinner to his jeep on the other side. Instead of opening my door this time I got in and so did he. We drove to his house in silence.
When we got there I got out and went straight to my charger and drove to the police station.
I went in and walked up to the front desk clerk and smiled.
"How may I help you?" She asked turning away from the computer.
"May I speak to Officer Blake please?" I asked and set my purse on the counter.
"Sure," she got up and looked around," Blake! You got some one here!" She yelled to a brunette that was currently talking to some one. She walked over and looked at me with worried eyes. Why is that?
"Can I help you?"she asked stuffing her hands into her pockets.
"Yes I was told to tell you yellow?" I said a little unsure. She looked a little relieved.
"Yes follow me." She said and came out from behind the counter. But yelled back.
"Chief! Yellow!" She shouted.
"Ok see ya in a bit! If she doesn't take your head off first!" A man yelled.
We walked out to an ATV. She held up a helmet.
"Hope your not afraid of ruining your hair."

Comment
&
Vote!!