Emilees POV

I woke up the next mourning with an arm tight around my middle. Who the hell is in my bed? I shifted a little as to not wake who ever it was. When I saw that Max was at stairing at me wagging her tail I reached over and pet her chin. The person behind me tightened their grip. Who the hell are they? I'm pretty sure I didn't go o bed with anyo- Lana. Last nights memories came flooding back to me.
"Good mourning baby girl." Her voice rasp from it being dry.
"Mourning. Did you fall asleep in here?" I asked siting up. She smiled then sat up as well leaning on the head board.
"God I slept better than I have in a long time." I yawned. She rubbed her eye with her palm then stretched.
"I slept well but I'm used to Jen ur a bit taller." Layed on her back stairing at the ceiling.
"Really? I'm taller then Jen?" I asked with sarcasm. She lightly punched my arm and I pretended to look hurt.
"Sissy." She said under her breath. I put my finger behind my ear.
"Sorry what was that? Did some one challenge me?" I taunted. She laughed then tackled me. Her hands around my wrists. And my legs between her knees.
"Really? Who's challenging you? If I'm not mistaken I'm the one on top!" She chuckled. I raised my eye brow and gave her a wicked smirk.
"Yes but at least I didn't bring my heart to a witch fight!" I spread my legs and made her go flat then rolled over repositioning my hands around her wrists.
"Oh but darling that's not how this works." She huffed. I smirked. She started squirming but couldn't get free.
"But it is you may be evil but I'm wicked!" I did my best impression of Bex. She laughed and gave up. She staired at my nose.
"What you stairing at my nose for?" I asked.
"Heh I was just wondering if my tongue would reach-" she lifted her head up and licked the end of my nose. I scrunched it up and sat back on my heels releasing her wrists.
"Ew! Your so gross!" I took my wrists and wiped off my nose. She grabbed my wrists and turned us around again.
"Hey it worked!" Said and leaned down to lick my nose again but I rolled away and she fell were I was.
"Ha! Not again!" I laughed at the confused look on her face. She joined in on my laughter and pulled me into a hug. We layed there laughing  for a minute till we heard a faint ring.
"That's Jen she's probably called like 50 times." She got up and went back into her room. I looked at Max and she wined. I through a sweat shirt and went to let her out.
___________________________

Lanas POV
I went in the room and over to the desk to my purse and pulled out my phone. Jen.
"Hello?"
"Lana! Oh god I was so worried you hadn't answered my calls! I was about to head up there!"
"Well dear. I was just wrestling with Em." I smiled at the fact that I licked her nose to distract her.
"Really? You guys are that comfortable already? Not that legally you have been her mom for almost what 9 10 years?"
"Ya last night she was crying so I comforted her and we slept with my arm around her."
"Wow. So uh when do you think you'll be home? Cuz I miss you and you body." I sighed.
"Well baby I miss you too but I don't know maybe tomorrow. I want to spend today with Emilee." I scratched the back of my neck and sat down in the chair behind me.
"Ok baby well I just got back from a run I'm a gonna jump in the shower."
"Ooo k love you!"
"Love you too!" The line went dead and I noticed a wonder full smell coming from down stairs. I followed my nose down to the kitchen wear Emilee was throwing things into batter and some sausage in a pan cooking. I walked over to the fridge a grabbed the orange juice.
"What ya making kid?" I got down two white cups and went to the island and poured some for the both of us.
"I'm making Jeffy blue berry muffins." She stated and started to whisk the batter.
"Yum sounds good." I took a sip and Emilee started to pour the batter into a muffin pan.
"What would you like to do today?" She  opened the oven and set them in then set a timer on the stove.
"I don't know what can we do?" She turned around raised and eyebrow as if thinking.
"We could take the ATV and go up the mountain and take pictures and stuff or we could take the horses?" She came over and took a sip. Her hair was in a messy side braid and she was wearing different but similar glasses.
"I didn't bring anything to ride horses so I guess the ATV?" I took another sip.
"Alright after breakfast I'll go make sure it has a full tank." I scrunched my eye brows.
"There's a gas station up here?" She chuckled.
"No there is a gas tank out back by the shed." She set her cup down and checked on the muffins. The finished the sausage.
"That makes sense." I set my cup down and looked at the back door to see Max sitting there.
"Want me to let her in?" I pointed my thumb towards the door. She shrugged.
"Sure if you want to." I got up and went to the door. When I opened it she bolted past me and sat by the stove stairing at Emilee.
"Hey! Nope you get none girl stop begging." She scolded. Max went over to the dog bed and circled a couple times then came down with a huff. I walked back over to the island and sat down.
"Man you got her under a tight leash." I joked.
"Heh. Well she's got her training down. Normally she sleeps on top of me like she did when we were on duty but some one took her spot." She gave me a playful glare.
"Sorry for comforting my daughter Max but I haven't seen her in about six years." I told the dog then returned the glare. She just laughed and took the muffins out and grabbed a butter knife with some butter and two paper plates.

After we finished she was cleaning up when I noticed a scar right behind her ear going from her ear lob to her shoulder. That was the side she slept on that's why I didn't notice.
"Where'd you get that?" She looked at me in confusion. I stood up and walked over to her. I traced the scar and she shivered under my touch.
"That's- that's from- uh from when I went to Iraque the first time. Cameron and I were going through a fence a the barb caught me and it tore from my ear to were my vest started. Had to get stitches for that one." She looked at the floor remembering that day. I pulled her into a hug.
"Cameron was the one that stitched me up and gave me a pain shot." She said against my shoulder. I kissed her temple then pulled back to see that she was crying again. I pulled her back and we stood the hugging.