bonfire catastrophe

Two days. It's been two days since everything in the hospital. To say I've been busy is to say the least. Pretty much everyday was training with Jordan. Of course there was always a constant injury on my part, seeing as I was unable to properly perform any action and I was the only one there for her to do an example on.

             "You're late." She stood by a tree with her arms crossed and I simply rolled my eyes. "Well, I'm sorry that my family is constantly on my back, you know, I think it might have something to do with that entire deadpool thing. You know the thing that is letting people pay to kill us. That's just a possibility." Even I could feel the sarcasm seeping through my words.

           "Hey, at least you have a family that cares. Mine is gone." Her voice didn't sound like it was sad, but when some people get onto this topic it tends to make them on the down side, and I frowned. "I'm sorry. What happened? I mean- you don't have to tell me or anything, but-" She cut me off by nodding.

           "My mom died when I was seven. Some sort of Cancer, not that I remember clearly, I was only seven years old. And my dad, when I was ten, the day I discovered my powers actually, he kicked me out. Imagine that. A ten year old little girl kicked out by her own father."

          Instantly my mouth tugged down deeper. "Oh god, I'm so sorry. Where'd you go?" She shook her head, "Don't be sorry. I went and lived with my aunt." She cleared her throat and shook her head, "Enough of that. Come on try and twist my ankle again. You almost got it yesterday, remember what I told you." 

           Nodding tightly, I focused on her ankle, my phone ringing distracting me. "I can hear my phone in your pocket." I spoke, seeing as she insisted on holding it. My eyes opened and she huffed, glancing at the screen. "It's Stiles." She said, tossing the phone towards me. As I grabbed it, it stopped ringing but there was a voicemail. 

        "Hey Jayla, uh, I know you're ignoring me but my dad has to go to the hospital. In case you wanted to know uh, he got shot. Not that you even actually care right now. Um, be safe today I gue-"

        It cut off and I bit my lip, Jordan looking at me confused as I sighed, :His dad got hurt. I should go and make sure he's okay-" I went to walk but Jordan stopped me. "You can't afford to be distracted right now. We need to train and you need focus." With each word she pushed me back and I let out a shaky breath. "But his dad-"

         Jordan shook her head, "Do you want to see his dad, or do you want to yanno, not die?" I kept my eyes on her and clenched my jaw. "Can't we just take a break? I'll go see him, make sure he's alright and then come back. Simple." 

          I didn't want to go for Stiles. Not now. Right not, at this moment, I wanted to go for Stilinski. The guy that practically raised me. When she didn't reply I sighed heavily. "Jordan, please." The crack in my voice make me take a deep breath.

            There's no way I'm going to do this. Not now. I'm not going to break down like this or in front of Jordan. I refuse.

         "Jayla, are you okay?" 

           My jaw tightened as I nodded, "I'm fine." My phone rang again and I glanced down to see Lydia's number on the screen. "Hang on." Moving away, I answered the phone. "Hello?"

          "Jayla, thank god. What is up with you? Did you get Stiles' message?" Her voice came out worried and I nodded, "Yeah. I uh, I got it." 

          A light sigh came from her. "Please tell me you're not really still mad at him. I mean, he's not the only one who kept it secret. I did. Kira did. Scott. And I know it wasn't a good idea and now you know anyways, so please Jayla. Let us help."