bloody hands and mental institutions

Pain, something most people feel. Some people are able to get off Scot free, without having to feel anything. Yet, most people aren't as blessed. It's something I have to deal with daily. The whole, supernatural being part of me.

          Having to feel so much pain shouldn't be considered a good thing. I felt everything. A stubbed toe, paper cut, to bigger things like being stabbed with a berserker bone. 

          My eyes shot open and I glanced around. My room was untouched, my body laying on the floor. As I pushed myself up I felt a sharp pain shoot down my arm. Slowly I touched my shoulder and it felt as if teeth marks covered my skin. As it ached I was able to feel who it was coming from. 

            Stiles.

          Quickly I got up, ignoring the throbbing that seemed to pick up as I reached for my phone. Instantly I dialed Stiles' number, if he was in trouble, there was no way to know where the hell he was. I shifted on my feet, trying to get him to answer. 

        It went to voicemail causing me to groan. "C'mon Stiles pick up." I mumbled to myself as I paced across my floor. He didn't answer that could mean two things. Either he was safe and something was still off with my ability, or he was in danger and left his phone behind. Think Jayla think. Where could he be?

      Maybe it was the panic, or maybe it was the heaviness that I felt in my head but nothing seemed to be clicking. It was Stiles, he could be anywhere. Home, the school, the animal clinic, the hospital anywhere. And nobody had the time to look at all the options. I licked my lips quickly before sighing.

         My mouth felt dry as a pit sat in my stomach. Take deep breaths and drink some water. That's what I was always told to do in times of panic. Breath and take a step back. See what you know and what you can do. 

        Quietly, seeing as Scott and Kira were asleep in Scott's room as I passed, I made my way to the kitchen. It was three in the morning, nothing was making a sound. The water ran for a second before it fell silent once more. 

         The only thing I could hear was my heart thumping in my chest. As I passed Scott's room on the way back to mine, I smiled lightly. If anything I'm glad that Scott has Kira. Especially because I had low thoughts about how he would feel after Allison.

          Nobody knew what was going to happen with him. As I entered my room I grabbed my phone, sending Stiles a text, 'Hey, are you alright? Call me.' I sent it and sat on my bed. My body was awake, not allowing me to fall back asleep. 

        About half an hour later, my phone buzzed next to me. Without hesitation I grabbed my phone, seeing Stiles' name flash across the screen. "Stiles? Stiles what's wrong. You're hurt." I rushed in a whisper tone.

          "Jayla, you- you need to come over. Now." He choked out, causing me to stand. "Alright, I'll be right over okay? Listen to me, it's gonna be okay." I whispered and he just breathed into the phone before hanging up. With that I left through the window and ran through the lawn.

         I grabbed the bike that was on the porch and rode it to Stiles' quickly. Storing it behind a bush, I climbed up to Stiles' window, opening it and sliding in. He was sat on his bed, a look of fear and worry on his face. As I shut the window behind me, I turned around.

          My eyes traveled up and down him until they stopped on his bloody hands that he tightly held onto. Tentatively I stepped forward, sitting on the bed next to him. "Stiles?" He lifted his head towards me with a frown.

         "What happened?" He got up and went into the bathroom, presumably washing his hands before he came back and sat next to me again. "I messed up Jayla." He mumbled, causing me to turn towards him, my hand going to cover his.